If you have been on Sportscardforum for a while, you might have noticed that when we run a contest, we often ask people to “digg it”. Many members have asked me over the last few months what is Digg and how do you digg something? Well, here is a short guide on how to use www.digg.com.

For those who are not familiar with the concept, Digg is a website which people use to share interesting news items or in our case, we often use it to promote contests or the articles written by the writing team. The more “diggs” a news item gets, the more likely it is to show up on search engines search as Google.

Now on to the mechanisms…First go to www.digg.com, in the top left corner of your screen, locate the “Join Digg” link and click it

Then, fill in the information required

Once you have done this you will be taken to this screen

Follow the instructions; log on to your email account and click on the URL provided in their confirmation email

Clicking on the link will both validate your account and take you to step 3: finding your friends. For our purposes, we’ll chose to skip this step

You are now ready to “digg” stuff; now let’s use an example on SCF of a thread asking you to digg something. Click on the link provided as in the image below:

You will then be taken to the Digg article. Next to the title of the article, you will see a coloured square which states how many diggs there has been, under that square, you will find the digg it button which you need to click to digg the article.

Once your “digg” has been registered, the diggs count will go up and below it you will see the word “dugg!”

If you want to go the extra mile, you can scroll down to the end of the page and add a comment on the content of the article, the contest being run or even thank the organizers and the sponsors as I am sure that they will appreciate it!

I hope this tutorial helped demystifying Digg for you and if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.