And the new head coach of the PIT Penguins is.....

Eddie Olczyk! It's another one of those "Who would have thought" things. I betcha quite a few Penguins fans are getting excited about the '03-04 season ,Jumping for Joy
    :hop: and I sort of am, too. I'm waiting for the Penguins schedule to come out so that I can get tickets.

Overall, I think that this next season for the Pens might just be the year that something good happens. The new players are settled in now, and Rico Fata has a whole season to show off all his wonderful talent. (I think that he's sort of like Pavel Bure, with all his speed) I think that the goaltending needs some help, and J.S. Aubin should be shipped out of town or something. He's wasting space anymore. "There are better fish in the sea". Hedberg is pretty good, if he can stay healthy. Caron has some good talent himself, but I think he needs a little more conditioning and such. I think that a nice forward that can score should put the icing on the rink (in this case) for a half-decent season for the Pittsburgh Penguins. Hmmm, I wonder who will replace Olczyk in the broadcast booth....

LOL....i am a huge pens fan also and i have one thing to say to you.

YOU ARE WAAAAAAY TOO OPTIMISTIC

i was hoping the pens wouldve got a qualified coach like larry robinson, but i guess you never know how good someone will be unless they are given a chance. bottom line thoug, no matter who the pens get as a coach, they will still be around last place next year (which is okay with me cause we can draft ovechkin).

im pretty sure most penguins fans arent that happy about edzo becoming coach...alot of people wanted someone qualified. he hasnt even coached semi-pro hockey, but he is knowledgeable.

dont get your hopes up about fata either. i like the guy but he has no hands at all and it will be a bonus if he becomes a 20 goal a year guy.

the pens goalie situation isnt good, which is why they need to draft marc-andre fluery

i HOPE steigerwald doesnt replace edzo...i HATE steigerwald

i am excited about next season too but i warn against you getting your hopes up.