Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Selling cards... Strategies?

Just wondering how you guys think is the best way to make a profit with cards. Pretty much, if you don't have much of something someone is looking for, you're never going to sell much. I'm just wondering what you guys think is the best way to get rid of extra cards?

Let's say for example, I make a lot of Terrell Davis cards I have saved up. I have 47 TD cards, average books at maybe $0.75, so maybe I decide on selling them for $0.25 a card. I doubt anyone on these boards is looking for cards worth from $0.50 - $1.25, so no one here would probably be interested.. What would the best way of getting rid of these cards be, without literally GIVING them away?

Thanks for advice

SCF Rewards
    Country

post them on ebay and let all the world take a shot at them, IMO...

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you're going to do the eBay thing, make sure you list each and every card in the lot. I never bid on the "random" selection lots, but if there's a card or two in it that I need, I'll definitely bid on it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Excellent tip, thanks. I'm going to try these forums first, though.

SCF Rewards
    See jayhay51's Items on eBay

When listing cards for auction, there's usually a better time and day to list them. I haven't mastered it myself, but have heard of it. For example, if I were selling a lot of Flyers commons, I'd list it so that it ended at a time people on the East Coast are still awake.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I passed up on a auction for 500 jerseys the other day because the guy just had pictures and no names of at least some of the cards I would get so I passed, I believe of people passed on that too because he only got 47 dollars for it, yeah I passed up on a great deal, in the end if the person who won, probably got a steal, if he gets his cards...I was a little weary...