Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kobe or Jordan

i know i think that jordan was better but kobe pulls a good arguement and finn how many points do you expect to get out of your own posts you reply to your own atleast twice for every new thread you have

jordan back in his day could have beat anyone in his path NOONE CAN STOP HIM

SCF Rewards

wow, almost everyone picked Jordan over Kobe. Well, I beg to differ.

B/c Jordan had bigger hands, he could do more things creatively with the basketball (Kobe can't palm a ball).

However, have you guys been watching the playoffs for the last 3 years?!?!?

Kobe singlehandedly destroyed San Antonio in 2000 (when S.A. had homecourt advantage); and how about that FANTASTIC rebound and put-back in closing seconds of game 3 (I think) in 2000

Not to mention that he is JUST as good as Jordan at taking the last shot of the ballgame.

I choose Kobe.

SCF Rewards

Originally posted by podstock

B/c Jordan had bigger hands, he could do more things creatively with the basketball (Kobe can't palm a ball).

Kobe singlehandedly destroyed San Antonio in 2000 (when S.A. had homecourt advantage); and how about that FANTASTIC rebound and put-back in closing seconds of game 3 (I think) in 2000

Not to mention that he is JUST as good as Jordan at taking the last shot of the ballgame.

I choose Kobe.

I agree but I don't think that Kobe will be ever considered better than Jordan by the general public even though he probably will be. Jordan was the first of his kind, especially with all the marketing that he did. Players can/will be better than Jordan but will never get the credit.

SCF Rewards

Here is the ultimate problem in the Kobe vs. Jordan debate: Shaquille O'Neal.

Jordan had to do everything himself. Only when he had Scottie, Horace, Kukoc, etc., was he able to "relax" a bit.

Kobe has Shaq in his prime. Shaq is unstoppable (only the toe stops Shaq).

So Kobe mostly defers to Shaq, b/c the triangle offense, as devised, is meant to go through the center position.

But this past February, we all saw what Kobe could do if the team is built around him.

The Lakers of the past 3 years are built around Shaq --- pass him the ball, wait for double and triple teams, then Shaq passes ball back to an open player.

Neither Fox, Fisher, Horry, et.al. are good at penetrating, stopping, and shooting. Only Kobe can do that. The other players are MUCH MUCH better set shooters.

As the years go by, we will see who's better. Right now, Kobe a 24 has hit just as many big shots, and made just as many big plays in clutch situations in the play-offs, as Jordan has.

I'd dare say Kobe has done more than Jordan at 24 (granted, Kobe came straight to NBA, and has Shaq).

SCF Rewards
    See nyyanks_212's Items on eBay

I chose Jordan b/c he came first and was just plain awesome. If you ask this question in 3 years it might be Kobe but I'm not Miss Cleo so I can't tell you that for sure

SCF Rewards

Originally posted by podstock

I choose Kobe.

ya dont take away things from jordan thats a good thing he can palm the ball and have you seen all the last second shots jordan has made

SCF Rewards

Even putting up a question like that is almost a disgrace to MJ

SCF Rewards
    See jokerneedscards's Items on eBay

I'll take 1992 Jordan vs. anyone from any period in time, and I'm a Barkley fan.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i put kobe cant stand jordan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast