Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

PLEASE READ: Help Save the Politics & Religion Forum

Things are getting out of hand in here with the personal attacks and what not. So we're putting an end to it.

I'm going to try my best to be more active in here to monitor threads and responses. The first sign of a personal attack and the post will be deleted and a warning issued. If there are more than one personal attack in a thread, it's shut down immediately. And infractions will be given to repeat offenders.

Also, we're going to try to stop all the blatantly offensive postings, such as references to raping children, Obama being a Muslim terrorist, blatantly attacking anyone's religion, etc. These posts will be deleted immediately and infractions may be given as well.

Additionally, just to make sure we have a fresh start, I'm closing down all old threads. A lot of them, especially recently, have taken on a nasty tone. So to make sure things don't pick up right where they left off, we're just going to start over. If you feel one of the threads that was closed needs more discussion, feel free to start a new one for it.

I know we can have meaningful, worthwhile discussions here...I've seen us do it! I know things get heated and I'm not going to try to stop that...I know people are very passionate about these issues. But there's a difference in being passionate and being downright disrespectful. From now on, we're going to err on the side of caution because I don't want to see this forum deleted. I'm hoping you guys don't either, so let's all try to do a better job of keeping this place seemingly civil.

And if you have any questions, suggestions, issues, concerns, problems, etc, feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by OnePimpTiger; 10-17-2008 at 10:58 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why not just issue an infraction at the first attack on someone. I know it might be a bit harsh but it would certainly quell the fighting faster than anything. Also, why not open up the other threads but like you said delete the posts that were inflammatory, that way we can keep up with the discussions just under the new rules.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well I like to play fair and since I'm going to be a little stricter, I'm going to give warnings so that everyone will know just what isn't allowed. That way someone doesn't unexpectedly get an infraction for something that was allowed before.

And we can continue the discussions that were closed, just post it as a new thread. It just makes it easier to pick up where we left off if it's right there in plain view. This way, we start fresh. But certainly feel free to repost a topic if you want to continue that discussion. The duplicate post rule won't apply for anything that has been closed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

For my part I will say that I know i have been involved in some of the ones that got pretty far off topic. I definately don't want to see these forums go away so I will reign in my combative nature. Onepimp - thanks for getting us reset rather than shutting them down.

as for the points on the first offense, I think a warning is good because you occasionally have someone who posts something with no intent of offending anyone and just needs to be informed that it is a little over the line.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am not a big participant of this forum but I do enjoy reading through the threads and posts. I think this is a good idea since I saw some people get very rude and personal.

Also, I don't want this forum to be deleted. this is a place were people like me can learn some different stuff and read about different views

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

this MUST stay open! from this forum i went from having no care about politics and not knowing anything to now being very knowledgeable about what is going on in the USA
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dhudson3417's Items on eBay

There's a few forums that have been closed that I saw no personal attacks...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There's a few forums that have been closed that I saw no personal attacks...

A few people have mentioned this. I shut down all of the old threads, whether there was anything wrong with them or not. I wanted this to be a completely fresh start and didn't want anyone to think I was playing favorites as to what I left open and what I closed. We can continue the discussions that were closed, just repost it as a new topic if you want to continue that discussion. The duplicate post rule won't apply for anything that has been closed.