Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Application thread for Supercollector

Please make a post of your application here in this thread.

Please included all information stated in the guidelines.

For Driver Collector
    • Percentages of card you own to available card of the driver.
      • Percent of base
      • Pecent of numbered/sample
        • Number of Ebay Previews
        • Number of Beckett Samples
      • Percent of Race Used
      • Percent of Autographs
    • Link to your website/Photobucket that lists/shows collection
    • Additional Items that make your collection stand out
      • Postcard
      • Die-cast
      • Preskits
      • TTM's
    For Set Collector
    • Percent of Regular Set
      • Base
      • Insert
    • Specialty Sets owned
      • Kraft
      • Valvoline
      • Pop's Country Store

For a set collector it will be determined by the odd ball sets that the collector owns.

All applications will then be veiwed by the race team and General Manager of SCF. Applicants will be notified by PM the results, if declined, what the deciding factor was in the decision.

Keep all applications to this thread and please no posting of threads in the Bio section below. Feel free to express congratulations to any members Bio page listed below though.

Thanks

Racing Team
    Hidden Content

I do not accept PWEs

I actively trade for these drivers: Greg Biffle--Marcos Ambrose--NHRA

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See nyhddb's Items on eBay

mike,
    i am applying. i will do my best to break it down. link to photobucket is in my sig. under my collection.

• Percent of base 100% of all base cards
      • Pecent of numbered/sample 100% of all pack pulled serial numbered (minus a few 1/1s)
        • Number of Ebay Previews I will have to check, but am only missing 7 and 2 are 1/1
        • Number of Beckett Samples all 4 made
      • Percent of Race Used 100% of all race used plus many many many extras and different color schemes (minus the few 1/1s)
      • Percent of Autographs 100% of all autographs minus the press plates (have 4 press plate autographs
      • Postcard a few autographed postcards and a few non autoed
      • Die-cast missing a couple, but have 5 autographed
      • Preskits
      • TTM's have 2 ttm card autos
      also have 3 different autographed hats of reed
    if you need specifics please pm me i will get the whole big list done.

dave

Submitted 10/26/08

Approved 10/26/08
    Last edited by skippy; 10-26-2008 at 09:05 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (18) NUTS
    Country
    See SHLBYSALEN's Items on eBay

This isnt including the 2008 legends yet.

Driver - David "THE SILVER FOX" Pearson

Percentages of card you own to available card of the driver.97 percent

Percent of base 100

Pecent of numbered/sample i am only missing 3 and they are all 1/1s [but i do have the 2005 1/1 [the very first] the 2007 s69 [with petty this includes the ebay preview 1/1, the regular 1/1, and matiching color front and back 1/1 plates]

Number of Ebay Previews i have at least 1 of everyone made except the 03 preview of vip.

Number of Beckett Samples 1 of everyone made [as far as i know]

Percent of Race Used 100 percent

Percent of Autographs 100 percent

Link to your website/Photobucket that lists/shows collection

it starts here http://www.shelbysaleen.stangnet.com/photo_14.html

Additional Items that make your collection stand out

Postcard yes i have various signed postcards of david dating back to the 60s

Die-cast at least 1 of every diecast made [there are only like 9] including a 1973 iroc porsche [on the way] and the 1979 dale earnhardt #2 car in which david drove to victory at his second to last win.

Preskits none

TTM's i have every card i own of his signed, this includes 1/1s, race used patch cards ebay preview cards every card i have is signed. this amounts to over 200 cards because i have cards beckett doesnt list. they are all pictured on my website that includes many pages dedicated to him.

I also have a back up unsigned set that includes 95 percent of the base/inserts and almost all of the race used. there are also 13 other duplicate sets of his card that range from 20 percent to 80 percent complete on base /insert.s

2008 legends set, i have almost all of his cards on the way to me including the 1/1 card 28 of david pearson, 2 ebay previews

i have 2 signed by artist and driver lithographs painted by jeanne barnes .

i have a crew uniform top from the chattanooga chew car .

i have 2 copies of his biography that are both signed by him. one is signed by jim hunter [the author and current vp of nascar]

i have a silver fox hat signed by him.

i have a pillow shaped like the purolator mercury signed by david

i have his 1/24 chattanooga chew hauler and bank both signed by him.

i have met him 5 times still can not speak to him.

i have 8 sets of his IMHOF set of cards.

i have buttons/pins from the movie six pack that have him on them signed.

if you need more information i can get specifics.

Submitted 10/27/08
    Approved 10/27/08
    Last edited by skippy; 10-27-2008 at 08:45 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

Here's my attempt....

I'm only gonna enter for Casey Mears, because I'm sure people have better Jimmie collections than me (too expensive!)

CASEY MEARS

• Percent of base-100%
      • Pecent of numbered/sample-90%
        • Number of NUmbered/eBay Previews-41
        • Number of Beckett Samples-6
      • Percent of Race Used-84% (27/32)
      • Percent of Autographs-68% (25/38)
    • Link to your website/Photobucket that lists/shows collection: http://www.freewebs.com/nadeau01_joh...seymearspc.htm
      • I have three autographed postcards, I have met him four times, I have an autographed pit board, autographed shirt, I also have three autographed 1/24 die-cast, along with four other regular non-autoed 1/24 diecast,
        and I also have a huge piece of sheetmetal of his. I can provide pics of any of them, just ask.
      Thanks!
      Jeremy
    Submitted and Approved 10/27/08
    Last edited by skippy; 10-27-2008 at 08:54 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks for the quick reply
    Last edited by outsk8u; 11-13-2008 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Decided to withdrawl my collection from future consideration

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hunnied's Items on eBay

For Driver Collector
      • Percent of base 100%
        • Number of Ebay Previews 44%
        • Number of Beckett Samples 34%
        • 76% numbered (not including preview/sample)
      • Percent of Race Used Race Used & Auto 77%
      • Percent of Autographs
    • Link to your website/Photobucket that lists/shows collection www.mpasc.yeehawjake.com
      • Postcard missing only a couple
      • Die-cast 15
      • Preskits 1
      • TTM's 10
      • Two 1/1
      • And an autographed reb bull can :-)
      • Overall cards: 75% (252/335)
    Ashley
    Last edited by ashley832; 11-02-2008 at 04:40 PM.

BANNED

Country
    See nascards24's Items on eBay

Alright I am going to try this. It took me quite a few days to go through everything I have,

1. Name ~ Richard D. Steeves Jr.

2. SCF ID ~ nascards

3. Location – City, State Cushing Maine

4. Give a brief history of what you do in everyday life. What are your hobbies? ~

I am currently on Workers Compensation. I had a large heavy object fall on top of me.
    Back In Sept. Of 2003. I ruptured my Spine. And now I am still having a lot of Back issues. I have Severe Nerve Damage. I now do some fishing not much. NO hunting which was my favorite past time. Now I spend 95% of my time here on scf And Building my Personal Racing collection. I have 2 GR8 children. Rebecca my Daughter who is 24 and Kevin My son who is 21. They both are in collage. My wife Cheryl and I just celebrated our 25th Wedding anniversary on 09/18. We have been together for a total of 30 Years.

5. Give a brief history of when, how long and why you got into collecting. Please include whether racing was you first passion in collecting, if not, what was. What was the deciding factor that made the change to racing?

I never did any collecting of any sort. I raised Ring Neck Pheasants for The state of Maine for 10 years. I did a ton of Hunting. I am a member of the big buck club for the state of Maine. 12 Point 306 lbs. And I also am a Member of the Wild Turkey Federation.
    Have my Long Beard Patch 14” double beard.
    Then back in 1999 while I was a manager for a local hardware/lumber chain.
    I got FREE tickets to a Craftsman Truck Series Race in Loudon NH Porta-Cable was the Sponsor and Kevin Harvick was the Driver. He was a Rookie Then. He really was A nobody at that time. After that Race it was ALL OVER! I was HOOK line and Sinker.
    I got to sit on top of the Pit box during the Race and all.
    I had the best time of my Life. I still have the Banner that hung over pit wall AUTOED by Kevin.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...ickBANNER2.jpg
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...ickBANNER1.jpg
    He was the 1st driver I collected. Then in 2000 I got season Passes for LoudonNH for me and the wife. And we have been going ever since. Then I started slowly collecting Jimmie Johnson. The Reason at that time was he was the very 1st pack pulled
    Auto I had ever pulled. It was A 2000 SP Authentic rookie auto.

6. Your driver/driver’s you collect that this honor is for
    I collect Jimmie Johnson and my Wife likes Jeff Gordon.
    So I collect Race Used and Autos of Both.

7. Do you collect any other sport, if so what. ~ I am 100% Racing Nothing Else.

8. Above all give us a break down again of your collection. Percentage owned cards to listed cards. Include some scans of your most prized cards. If set collector, give us again the breakdown to how many sets owned and described some of the more rarer sets or favorite sets you own.

I will start with COMPLETE sets. I have a Total of 284 Different COMPLETE sets in my Collection. And I have 43 sets in PROGRESS. Sets in Progress are just missing a card or two.
    All my sets are Base sets W/Errors and variations. Ranging from parallel sets to the insert sets.
    Also Minor sets. They range in Dates from 1988 to 2008. I have a Total of 20 3” Binders with an average of 70 pages per Binder. So that’s Roughly 12,500 cards in my Set Collection. My Rarest sets that I own are 1988 Myrtle Beach Base each set W/errors.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...alBOOKS1-1.jpg
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...onalBooks2.jpg
    Also a 1997 Maxx Tear in Review 102 card base set and the top ten point’s leader set. A 2005 PressPass Staelth FUSION 12 Card Progressive Set.
    NO real favorite set. The 1997 Pinnacle 96 Card Set, 1997 Pinnacle Mint BRONZE 30 Card SET and
    1997 Pinnacle Mint 30 Coins are the set’s that stand out the most. I have them All.
    It is still is in its original Wax cardboard box. It took a lot of time to build it. I also have 2 complete Race used sets. 2000 Upper Deck Racing Tear Away 4 card Set,
    And a 2005 Wheels American Thunder. Thunder Road 18 CARD SET
    I also have an Uncut Sheet of 2000 SP Authentic #ed 97/408. It was a redemption card
    That I pulled back in 2000.
    I then Collect Autos and Race used cards of
    Jimmie Johnson I have 7 Different Autos and 42 different Race used Cards 1 e-bay preview cards and 25 numbered cards 2 Press Plates and 11 different SAMPLE cards.
    All ranging in Dates from 2000 to 2008. My favorite Johnson Card by Far is the
    2006 Press Pass TRADING PAINT SIGNATURE SERIES
    Jimmie Johnson #TPS-JJ 01/48 {5clr Blu/Blk/Wht/Yel/Slv} I also have 16 Pieces of Die cast. Most All my die casts are Hard to Finds. 3 of them are Autos. I have his 1st Daytona Win Test car Auto and a stop watch Autos by Jimmie Johnson. I got it through the Jimmie Johnson Foundation.

And also Jeff Gordon I have 4 Different Autos and 35 different Race used Cards 0 e-bay preview cards and 10 numbered cards 1 Press Plate and 10 different SAMPLE cards.
    All Ranging in Dates from 1991 to 2008. My favorite Jeff Gordon card is his
    1996 M-FOECE Sheet Metal Jeff Gordon #M 5/6 005/200. The reason is because it is So much different than other Cards in my collection. It is a clear Lacquer card. I also have 15 pieces of Die cast most also Hard to Find. I have 1 piece Auto by Jeff That I got done in person at New Hampshire speedway. It is also VERY hard to put a Base card insert card percentage on both Drivers. Where I am a set collector I would say close to 85%.

9. Please enclose a personal picture of yourself so we can see the person behind the fantastic collection
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...NALPICTURE.jpg

10. In conclusion:
    I really enjoy collecting. When I first started to collect back in 1999. It was the Trading cards I turned to Verses the Die cast. It was the Autograph cards that hooked me.
    When I first was collecting in 1999 I was strictly
    E-Bay would buy wax and sell the goods. Well I got really busy with Work in 2001 so I packed it all up Then When I got hurt in 2003 I decided to Break all my cards and die-cast out. And I looked for trading card sites on the Internet. The very, very First Trade I ever did was with Les Haines. And I have been going strong ever since. I had a really good Teacher. He actually was the one that got me Set building. If it was not for Trading my collection would not be the ˝ it is at this time. I have met and traded with a lot of Interesting people over the last 5 years. I also have had the Pleasure of being a Moderator Here on SCF. My future goal is when I settle up my Comp suit. Is to own a Trading card die-cast shop down south some where. Not sure where. I Want to follow the Entire NASCAR season in a Motor home go to Most if not ALL the Races. Then decide from there. I can provide scans Of ANYTHING in my collection If needed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See akedhead's Items on eBay

Entry Time

1. Name
    : Stephen Taylor

2. SCF ID
    : race crazy

3. Location –
    Chugiak, Alaska

4. Give a brief history of what you do in everyday life. What are your hobbies?

Everyday life for me involves 2 things-work or school. I am a Junior at the University of Alaska Anchorage majoring in English. I just got a new job at Target that I will start here soon. I previously worked at a pizza place. My hobbies-racing of course, surfing ebay, being on here or nuts, talking to friends, video games, basketball, watching tv.

5. Give a brief history of when, how long and why you got into collecting. Please include whether racing was you first passion in collecting, if not, what was. What was the deciding factor that made the change to racing?

I started collecting at age 5 or 6-dont remember-my dad had collected previously and sort of got me into it-at first and always for a while I collected basketball cards along with racing. About 2 yrs ago I gave up basketball and stuck with racing for good. Racing was always a passion though-ever since I saw a bright orange tide car on the tv in 1992 lol. The deciding factor for me to switch to racing exclusively was for a few reasons-its less expensive, its more fun for me, and its something I care about a lot!

6. Your driver/driver’s you collect that this honor is for

Carl Edwards

7. Do you collect any other sport, if so what.

I used to collect basketball as I said-I have about a 300 card MJ collection as well as about a 400 card Lebron collection still.

8. Above all give us a break down again of your collection. Percentage owned cards to listed cards. Include some scans of your most prized cards.

Driver Collection: Carl Edwards

Base: 99.9% done (I cant find 07 Stealth retail #7 to save my life lol)

Base Inserts and Base Parallels (blues and golds)-over 90% done

#ds-84/109-77%

Autos-13/65-20% (this includes all press plate autos and 1 of 1 autos)

RU-74/154-almost 50% (includes all 1/1 RU and patches etc)

Samples-14/18-77%

Ebay Previews-21/49-43% (includes 1 of 1 ebay previews)

Door # cards in collection: 5

1 of 1s in collection: 2

overall 444/666 according to my database (im sure im missin 1 or 2 lol)-exactly 2/3 of the way done-66.6%

Card Case:

A few of my favorites:

Other stuff:

Ive got some more stuff but I wont post any more pictures haha.

9. Please enclose a personal picture of yourself so we can see the person behind the fantastic collection

10. In conclusion:

I love racing and I always will-I love Nascar the most obviously-but Ill blab your ears off about any form of motorsport (just ask my parents lol). If somethings going fast or racing-im probably watching it-I guess you could say im just race crazy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is the information that one puts into the post of application
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Please included all information stated in the guidelines.

For Driver Collector
      • Percent of base
        • Number of Ebay Previews
        • Number of Beckett Samples
      • Percent of Race Used
      • Percent of Autographs
      • Postcard
      • Die-cast
      • Preskits
      • TTM's
    For Set Collector
    • Percent of Regular Set
      • Base
      • Insert
    • Specialty Sets owned
      • Kraft
      • Valvoline
      • Pop's Country Store

For a set collector it will be determined by the odd ball sets that the collector owns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The questions to answer are if you have been deemed a Supercollector.

Thank you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lea_defoote's Items on eBay

Submission for Ted Musgrave Supercollector

I respectfully submit for your consideration my application for the title of Ted Musgrave Supercollector:

• Percentages of cards you own to available card of the driver. - Own 934 of 957 known (97.6%) - This includes every card I've found that has Ted or his car clearly pictured on the front or back (no matter who the card officially comemorates) as well as any card that records some part of Ted's career (Lists him as a Pole Winner, Top 10 Finisher, etc.) I also have a separate collection of the checklist cards that have his name on them which is about 94% complete as of now.
      • Percent of base - 100% - I have one of each card of Ted with a known population of 1000 or more.
      • Pecent of numbered/sample - I have one of each card of Ted that is individually serial numbered out of a specific population. I still have a few items on my want list where the entire run carried a 1 of (something) inscription.
        • Number of Ebay Previews - None made - not sure if that counts as 100% or 0%
        • Number of Beckett Samples - 100% - Two made, have 'em both.
      • Percent of Race Used - 100% - The only card made of Ted that kinda qualifies as 'Race Used' is the 1997 Score Board Racing IQ #21. This set was billed as having "real race used tire rubber treatment", a concept that would later be used by Press Pass in the Skidmarks parallel sets.
      • Percent of Autographs - 100% - There have been 22 different Certified Auto cards made of Ted, I have at least one of each, plus half the redemption cards for autos that were distributed through redemption programs.
      • Other - I also have unopened boxes of '95 Maxx Medallion and '96 Maxx Made in America because Ted's car is pictured on the box artwork.
    • Link to your website/Photobucket that lists/shows collection - http://home.comcast.net/~charneyt/nascar.htm
      • Postcard - I have team handouts of Ted from ASA, Winston Cup and Truck Series competion including many major and minor variations.
      • Die-cast - I have every mass market Model, CWC Die Cast, Slot Car and R/C car of Ted's race vehicles and haulers in all available scales. I'm still missing a couple of pieces that were not widely distributed, or not sold at retail at all. I also have many Banks, Silver Chase, Gold, etc. versions in my collection, but I have not focused on those types of items.
      • Preskits - I have many different team Press Kits from Ted's teams over the years. The most unusual are two from 2000. One is from the #60 Power Team Chevy that includes a Stat sheet of Ted and a press release announcing that he would be subbing for Geoffrey Bodine who was injured in a horrific wreck in the Daytona Truck Series race that year. The other is from the Sabco BellSouth team when Ted was named as the replacement driver for the team after Kenny Irwin's death.
      • TTM's - I have several TTM signed cards. My favorite is a '96 Upper Deck card with a picture of Ted and his wife from the '95 awards banquet that I had signed by both Ted and Debi.
      • Other - My collection also includes a lot of other merchandise; pennants, vanity plates, mugs, Christmas ornaments, a belt buckle, a tapestry blanket, a pool cue, etc., and memorabilia such as pit crew uniform shirts from '94, '95, & '97, and my most recent addition, an unused decal of Ted's name from over the door of the '94-'95 Cup car.
    Thank you for considering me for this honor.

-Tom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast