Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

sorensonsupercollector (aka - pa43fan)

1. Name: DAVID ANDRZEJEWSKI

2. SCF ID: SORENSONSUPERCOLLECTOR

3. Location – City, State: McKean, Pa

4. Give a brief history of what you do in everyday life. What are your hobbies? I have been a union electrician for 20 years, I am also a substitute instructor for our apprenticeship program. I have been married now for 13 years to my wife Lynda. We have 3 children Alex 10, and the twins Erik and Haley are 7. I also have an 18yr old son from a previous marriage Kyle. I coach basketball, soccer and baseball and have been for 7 yrs now. I am an avid hunter and love being outdorrs when I can.

5. Give a brief history of when, how long and why you got into collecting. Please include whether racing was you first passion in collecting, if not, what was. What was the deciding factor that made the change to racing? I started collecting baseball when I was 7 yrs old, yeap 32 years ago. I stopped about 14 yrs ago and sold most of everything I had to buy a new car when Lynda and I got married. I got into collecting racing consistently in 2002 with the eclipse release and haven’t looked back since. I collected ernie irvan and tony stewart, but sold all my stewarts a few years back. I went to a local track and watched an asa race with a rookie named reed Sorenson. I got an opputunity to meet the drivers and spent almost ½ hr with reed. I was impressed with his politeness (but he is a southerner so I really shouldn’t have been) and decided to follow his career. He won rookie of the year in asa that year and bam he was in the busch series winning 2 races in his first year, and then bam up to cup.

I collect a bit different than most people. I enjoy getting as many different color schemes as possible, and get many duplicates of serial numbered cards I can. My main goal is to try and get three of every card made of reed. Of course the 1/1 I can’t do this for, and I only bid on one preview so as to allow others to get the remaining 4. I have over 130 serial numbered cards, 320 race used, 50+ autos, 8 patches, 25+ cards serial numbered 1 of xxx, 15+ serial numbered last, 19 door numbered cards, 4 press plate autos, 2 1/1 race used, 1 1/1 preview, 3 1/1 insert/serial numbered cards. I will give a breakdown by % of the whole collection below as though I only own 1 of each card.

rare gold ink 2005 signings ( have only seen 1 other like it)

rare 2006 signings in red ink (again only 1 other has been seen)

2007 and 2008 teammate autographs

6. Your driver/driver’s you collect that this honor is for. REED SORENSON

2 of my favorite cards

7. Do you collect any other sport, if so what. I DO NOT COLLECT ANYTHING BUT RACING

8. Above all give us a break down again of your collection. Percentage owned cards to listed cards. Include some scans of your most prized cards. If set collector, give us again the breakdown to how many sets owned and described some of the more rarer sets or favorite sets you own. Also include some pictures of the unique items of your collection.
    BASE CARDS 69/69 100%
    INSERTS 17/19 89% (missing 2 hat entry 1/1 cards)
    SERIAL NUMBERED CARDS 45/45 100%
    SAMPLES 4/4 100%
    PREVIEWS 19/24 79%
    AUTOGRAPHS 29/29 100% (plus (4) 1/1 press plate autographs)
    RACEUSED 61/64 97% (missing (3) 1/1 cards to be complete)

my favorite plate auto

patch samples

first,door,last, the trifecta

9. Please enclose a personal picture of yourself so we can see the person behind the fantastic collection. At the moment I have no pics of me, sorry. This picture is of my family on my dad's side. I am on the right in the sweater next to the good looking blonde, my wife Lynda.

Last edited by ashley832; 12-11-2008 at 03:52 PM.
    Hidden Content

I do not accept PWEs

I actively trade for these drivers: Greg Biffle--Marcos Ambrose--NHRA

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hunnied's Items on eBay

Congrats Dave! You do have an amazing collection!!

Ashley

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh Steelers
    Upper Deck ePack

Congrats, Dave! You definitely deserve this honor!

Darin

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Labontebrothersfan's Items on eBay

You sure have some beautiful cards
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lea_defoote's Items on eBay

Congrats Dave! It's nice to see that there are other people out there who don't collect 'by the book'.

-Tom

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country
    See Nyfancam01's Items on eBay

i have 2 of his "hits" an auto and a firesuit...

PM ME if you want. =]

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lesracing's Items on eBay

Congrats Dave on having a SuperCollector honor bestowed on you! You have a very massive and impressive collection. You certainly don't need to stick to any guidelines for collecting, lol. It's amazing the amount of duplicates in your collection when many of these cards are already hard enough to collect, lol.

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See nyhddb's Items on eBay

thanks to all who have responded. i am very proud of my collection. there was one accomplishment bestowed on me awhile back.

in the new beckett sports card monthly, in edition 1 with derek jeter on the front.
    i was recognized as the supercollector for that issue. to me i have something no one will ver be able to take away. that is the first beckett supercollector for beckett sports card monthly

dave

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kapperskloset's Items on eBay

Congrats Dave! Very, Very well deserving of this honor.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See shayne1911's Items on eBay

Congrats Dave!! You have the biggest and best Reed collection I've ever seen!!! Definately deserve this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast