Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nadeau01_johnson48

SCF Rewards
    Country

nadeau01_johnson48

1. Name - Jeremy Sebastian

2. SCF ID - nadeau01_johnson48

3. Location – Scenic Erie, Pennsylvania!

4. Give a brief history of what you do in everyday life. What are your hobbies?

I am on the verge of getting my Associates Degree in Business Marketing and Management. I work in the Marketing Department for the Erie Civic Center, which deals with some of our local sports teams, the Erie Otters (OHL Hockey), Erie RiverRats (Indoor Football), and the Erie BayHawks (D-League Basketball). As far as hobbies go, I'm an avid poker player, and I enjoy collecting cards and other stuff associated with either Racing or Cleveland sports.

5. Give a brief history of when, how long and why you got into collecting. Please include whether racing was you first passion in collecting, if not, what was. What was the deciding factor that made the change to racing?

I got into collecting when I was very young--probably five or so. My dad always collected, and it was a big bonding thing for us. So early on, I only collected baseball, because that's what he collected. Once I understood more about it, I branched out into all aspects of cards, aside from hockey. I still collect anything related to Cleveland sports in Baseball, Football and Basketball, but Racing is my main collection. I got into collecting Racing in late 1999, and never looked back. I've always loved the design of racing stuff much more than the other sports, and the Race Used pieces are just so much more unique.

6. Your driver/driver’s you collect that this honor is for.

I collect four drivers--Jimmie Johnson, Casey Mears, David Reutimann, and Jerry Nadeau. Nadeau was the first guy I really started to collect, and to this day only need less than 15 cards of him to have them all. (The same can be said for my Reutimann collection.)

7. Do you collect any other sport, if so what.

I collect other sports, but only specific teams. I collect Game Used and Autos of Current Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns, and Cleveland Cavaliers.

8. Above all give us a break down again of your collection. Percentage owned cards to listed cards. Include some scans of your most prized cards. If set collector, give us again the breakdown to how many sets owned and described some of the more rarer sets or favorite sets you own. Also include some pictures of the unique items of your collection.

Not sure of the exact percentages, but I know I'm in the 90% range of all cards owned for Jerry Nadeau and David Reutimann. I'm in the 80-85% range for Casey Mears, and probably at least at 65-70% of all Jimmies. There's just so many Jimmie's and Casey's, it's tough to get them all! But I'm trying! I've attached pictures of my 5 most prized cards.

There's a 2007 Press Pass Signings Plate 1/1 of David Reutimann, a 2005 Optima Thunder Bolts Sig Series Jimmie Johnson Auto/Lugnut #'d/48, a 2006 Press Pass Four Wide of Jimmie Johnson, a 2007 Press Pass Autographs Plate 1/1 of Casey Mears, and a 2008 Press Pass Burning Rubber Sig Series Casey Mears Auto/Tire #'d/25.

9. Please enclose a personal picture of yourself so we can see the person behind the fantastic collection.

Here's two...one of me and Casey Mears, and the other of me from Charlotte earlier this month.

Last edited by Lesracing; 12-13-2008 at 04:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats on the title Jeremy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh Steelers
    Upper Deck ePack

Congrats, Jeremy, on this honor!

Darin

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Labontebrothersfan's Items on eBay

Congratulation Jeremy!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 01Crewzer's Items on eBay

Congrats Jeremy, well deserved

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See shayne1911's Items on eBay

Congrats Jeremy!!!
    In the second picture, you kinda look like Elliott Sadler!! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

Thanks guys!

Not sure why the pictures are so blurry....they aren't like that saved on my computer. I can resend them if it'll help?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmorrow1957's Items on eBay

Congrats Jeremy!!

Tom

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hunnied's Items on eBay

Congrats Jeremy! You've got a great collection!

Ashley

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lea_defoote's Items on eBay

Congrats Jeremy! Happy hunting for those last few hole fillers!

-Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast