Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Packers looking to get Tim Couch

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1767556

Looks like the Packers want him to take over once Brett Favre retires.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wdwain's Items on eBay

Thats what i heard.... yesterday it was just a rumor but it looks like there very interested!!! :D

it wouldnt be a bad pickup

maybe he could turn his career around

SCF Rewards

hmmmm, I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as the Packers are able to pay Couch less money

For his entire career (ever since being the #1 overall pick), Couch has been overpaid, and hasn't done much to earn it.

Now, it's only right that he be UNDERPAID

SCF Rewards
    Country

wow phil, i just noticed this thread and its a good thing that Sarah hasnt seen that.. Shed hurt you for that one ;).. I just bum around these lower posted forums when i get bored at college like I am right now

I think it would be a pretty good pick up.. Right now all there backups are really freaken old and got nothing better to do but retire

Jay

SCF Rewards
    Country

Couch was paid good because he is one of the few QB's in the league to take the beating he got in Cleveland from no O-line and poor coaching ;)

He will be great when he gets a decent O-Line and a RB (Which the Pack seems to have!!)

SCF Rewards

he prolly could w/ green bay, but i still do not want him

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/7421721

Couch agrees to one-year deal with Packers

NFL.com wire reports

GREEN BAY (June 14, 2004) -- Tim Couch took a huge pay cut to get a fresh start with the Green Bay Packers and serve as the backup quarterback to one of his idols.

Couch, released last week after five stormy seasons with the Cleveland Browns, agreed to terms on a one-year contract to play behind Brett Favre.

"I'm excited," Couch said from his offseason home in Florida. "This is a great opportunity for me to start a new chapter in my career. And, I'm going to a team that has a real chance to win the Super Bowl."

Couch said his contract with Green Bay was for just the 2004 season, but that the Packers have already talked to him about the possibility of extending it.

The deal is worth a reported $1.25 million -- a steep drop in salary for Couch, who would have made $7.6 million this season and $8 million in 2005 if he stayed with the Browns.

In Green Bay, Couch will back up Favre, the three-time NFL MVP whom he has admired from afar.

"Just getting a chance to be around Brett will be awesome," Couch said. "He's someone I can definitely learn a lot from him, and I'm looking forward to being on a team with him."

Couch was finally let go by the Browns, who left him dangling for months. The team tried to work out a trade with Green Bay, but didn't think it could get equal value in return.

Couch's fate was sealed when Cleveland signed Jeff Garcia in March.

The former No. 1 overall draft pick said he didn't appreciate the way he was treated by the Browns the past few months.

"I didn't agree with the way they handled it," he said. "I expected to be released when they signed Garcia, but that's not what happened. It was tough being in limbo for so long. I'm just glad it's over."

Couch said several other teams were interested in signing him, but that Green Bay was the best fit.

"They were always my No. 1 choice," he said.

Couch passed for 11,131 yards and 64 touchdowns in 59 starts for the Browns, who selected him with their first pick when they returned to the NFL in 1999.

But things never worked out for the former Kentucky star in Cleveland as Couch's tenure was defined by losing seasons, injuries and controversy.

"There were good times, and bad times," he said. "I was on some pretty bad teams, I got hurt and I had a lot of things happen to me. But I enjoyed my time in Cleveland. I think it made me a better player.

"It definitely made me a stronger person."