Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? ABOUT MAILING TRADES

? ABOUT MAILING TRADES

Hi all, I havent traded onling in about 6 yrs. I was ripped off by a couple of guys who never sent my cards, even though I sent to them. After that, I only bought and sold.

How do the guys here trade? Do you send at the same time? Do both parties send by insured mail or Priority with delivery confirmation? Any help would be apreciated.
    Thanks, John

If I'm buying I send the money first. If it's trading I like to have them both sent at the same time if possible. If you don't have any good feedback, being a new user, then you should send 1st.

From what I have heard here, most of these guys will both send insured at the same time if they are trading with each other for the first time...After that it's all up to you guys to decide...

It really depends of the people involved. Not a lot of people use unsured mail or delivery confirmation in smaller deals. Also, sometimes you send at the same time, sometimes you don't.

johnnym415 -- PM me if you have a person you're trading with, and you get a Canadian address.

I got screwed on one trade, and don't want the same to happen to you.

I send insured on trades that are fairly big. Like $50-75 BV +.

Originally posted by ILuvSportsCards
    I send insured on trades that are fairly big. Like $50-75 BV +.
    Yeah.

That is a good idea.

If you are sending expensive cards I'd WOULD REALLY pay for insurance.

Some people send $300+ cards without insurance and I think those people are nuts.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

may or may not be nuts, but definitely naive.

And one rip-off of $300 will wise them up, that's for sure

I like to send same time, and in my experience, it really means nothing if the person you are trading with has good ref's...I just got ripped by someone that had a good trading record. I am still holding out hope....sort of...lol....at least it was small ($25-$40)

I always insure if it is $40 or more. I also use DC 9 times out of 10, but will use it always for a larger trade from now on.
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor, Mario Manningham, Geno Smith and Victor Cruz Auto's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

its al about trust, giving addresses and such. i figure though if your gonna sign up here and hunt for trades and buys, you are not gonna rip. at least a less chance than on ebay where anyone with a credit card # can participate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast