Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Offseason

Question NBA Offseason

Any guesses, or rumors on wht will happen this offseason, in terms of Free agent movement, trades, and the draft?

Main questions so far:
    1. Will Kidd got to San Antonio, or anywhere for that matter.
    2. Will Denver keep the third pick, and take Anthony, or trade it?
    3. What will Toronto do with their #4 pick?
    4. Who will coach the Wizards, and 76ers?
    5. What will the Lakers do to get back to the finals?

1. I honestly think kidd will go to San Antonio. If not kidd, then Jermaine Oneal will.
    2. Anthony is the only PROVEN player in the top 3. They should keep him.
    3. hmm...maybe they should try trading away their 4th pick, but if they decide to keep it, i guess they could draft either TJ Ford, Chris Kaman, Chris Bosh or Dwayne Wade (<--long shot).
    4. I dont think you'll see a big name coach in Washington this year. maybe an assistant coach filling in.
    5. Laker = power forward retarded. They need Karl malone. Next best option would be scottie pippen. but that might hurt Rick fox's production.

MY SLEEPER PICK IN THE DRAFT IS LUKE RIDENOUR!!!! WATCH OUT FOR HIM! carbon copy of steve nash.

Originally posted by skyracer3

MY SLEEPER PICK IN THE DRAFT IS LUKE RIDENOUR!!!! WATCH OUT FOR HIM! carbon copy of steve nash.
    Gotta love them Oregon boys!

No way Jermain O'Neal goes to San Antonio. The guy needs too many touches to coesxit with Tim Duncan. Donnie Walsh is a great GM and I'm sure he will have O'Neal resigned.

I don't know about the first several questions; but here's what the Lakers need:

1. a power forward -- Juwan Howard has let it be known that he's headed for the Lakers (this farker has already made well over $100M, and was one of the most over-paid players); he's not going to be making anywhere near that $20M for any other team. So, he's headed for a team that can get him a ring. $100M won't buy you an NBA Finals ring. You've got to earn one.

2. point guard -- rumor has it that Tyronn Lue is headed back to the Lakers. Fisher is a great gritty guard; but he's old, and slow. We need someone to slow down T. Parker, M. Bibby, and Lue is one possibility. So is Gary Payton, even though he's nearing 40.

3. Possibly a big man like Alonzo Mourning, to spell Shaq for about 10-12 minutes

4. Devean George will fill in capably for Rick Fox. Phil Jackson has been playing George most of the important minutes anyway. Fox won't be back until Jan 2004. He had major surgery to fix a torn peroneal tendon in his foot.

5. A hungry Shaq will go a long ways towards another championship. Same for a healthy Kobe, who just underwent surgery on his shoulder

DCBear. i sure hope Jermaine doesnt leave the Pacers! but if the Spurs lose to the nets in the finals, oneal might see fit for him to fill in the final piece for a spurs dynasty (over exaggerated a little).

Kidd, to the Spurs?!?!, anyone who says so, stop smoking.

the spurs have plenty of money to offer Kidd; although Kidd will make the most money with Nets, by NBA rules

If they can sign Kidd, deffinatly do it. They're losing good veteran leadership with Duncan, they'll need someone to pick up the slack. Then trade Parker to Denver, or Toronto for the #3, or #4 pick in the draft. I know all of that happening is a bit of a long shot, but they can do something close to that if they wanted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast