Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards

NFL Europe Coming to an End?

The future of NFL Europe is in serious jeopardy. The league's contract with the NFL is coming to an end. Not only is the league losing money, but it isn't fulfilling one of its main purposes: to develop young players with game experience. Many NFL teams are keeping their favorite young players home to participate in offseason programs.

The current way of thinking by these teams is that young prospects have a better chance of contributing sooner if they are coached by the team's position coaches and spend the offseason learning schemes and training with the team. When these players go to Europe, they learn different schemes under different position coaches who teach different techniques. As a result, the NFL teams are signing players who have no real shot at making an NFL roster and allocating them to NFL Europe teams. This is sure to be a hot topic at the next NFL owners meeting. …

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Makes perfect sense if you ask me. Since when did the NFL have a shortage of talent? They don't need a developemental league.

SCF Rewards

NFL Europe is cool to watch late nights when you have nothing better to do.

But, players who play in NFL E, and then go to NFL in same season aren't effective -- their bodies wear down

SCF Rewards

I don't mind a developmental league, it's better than keeping players on the practice squad. I just don't know why we need it on the other side of the world. The Europeons problably think we're whips with all the pads we wear, compared to rugby.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tytamkeira's Items on eBay

Welp if the NFLE does go bye bye it will be missed by at least a few. At times I enjoyed watching the games. I had watched the Pro Bowl and pretty much enjoyed all of the game as the Galaxy whooped butt. hehe. I can't say if all of the players with NFLE could play in the NFL but I know there is at least a few that can. Hopefully the few players that I like will play in the NFL soon. But as you know only time will tell. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

P.S. The players I like in NFLE are Quinn Gray, Jonas Lewis and Robert Gillespie. All 3 play with Frankfurt Galaxy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can see how plus this arena football crap is growing like weeds and now they have the veiwership = to hockey or golf.

SCF Rewards

well, I can see how arena football is growing fast

it's exciting, pure offense.

I've watched several LA AVengers games, and it's pretty cool

I would guess ticket prices and food are cheap if you're attending the games.

With the economy the way it is, people laid off right and left, not every family can afford to spend $300 or more at a game, so the alternative is stuff like arena league and minor league baseball

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

There is just no substitution for the game that the NFL puts on the field. I hope I get some Steelers tickets this year as last year was the first time I ever got to go to a game and I got to go to 3! Now all that is left for me is an NBA game and then I break out my sports playoffs and MLB stadium checklists.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stublem84's Items on eBay

Speaking of Arena Football what happened to the Toronto Phantoms? They were in the league and they just decided not to participate in this season.What the hell is that? Does that mean they are coming back next year?

Anyways I only watched a couple NFLE games and played with them in Madden NFL 2002 but thats about it so it doesn't bother me that much. If the NFL wants a developmental league why not use the CFL? Lots of great players have come out of there to go to the NFL anyways,like Doug Flutie,Warren Moon,and Jeff Garcia.

SCF Rewards

I don't want to see it go, but if it does I wont miss it