Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mattdile3's Items on eBay

All I have to say is, that is true dedication right there. Your collection must almost be at a point where it feels impossible to find some of the other cards out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See paper-history's Items on eBay

Sweet cards indeed. I have had the pleasure to deal with pgrossma and what a great guy he is ! Congrats on the impressive list !!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

*drools*

I'm a longtime Trammell fan, too! Love your collection....very impressed by your sheer dedication. Congrats on your accomplishments.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardcollector1972's Items on eBay

Congrats...your SC status is well deserved. Does anyone have a better Trammel card collection than yours? I'm thinking that there's no way.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pgrossma's Items on eBay

Thanks again for the latest round of praise.

With regard to other superlative Trammell collections, I'm aware of the following:

*There is a gentleman who has assembled a fairly comprehensive PSA Master set of Trammell, containing roughly 500 stickers and cards from 1978-1997 in mostly PSA 9 or better. Except for some of the very low print run parallels of the mid-late '90s, he's gotten just about everything graded. Very impressive--it's on the Set Registry for all to see.

*There are two other collectors who as of ~2005 were demonstrably ahead of me in terms of ultra-short print cards (< 25)--an area which I only really started emphasizing in the last couple of years as I ran out of easier stuff to chase and found myself more able to afford the highest-end material. At this point it's clear that the other collectors' interest in post-retirement cards has waned, and so I don't know whether I've caught up with them or not. Regardless, I have always considered their collections to be my equals--it's hard for me to feel that a collection has truly meaningful edge over another on the basis of a few short prints when the other 90+&#37; of the collections' contents overlap.

*There is one area in which I am confident that I have no peer, and that's in error/variation cards. I doubt anyone else is even close--it's not exactly a big part of the collecting landscape, and I don't get much competition bidding for them.

I think the key to player collecting is staying in it for the long haul--I started getting serious about it back in 1997, and while I've taken breaks here and there where I don't really work on it for a couple months at a time, I keep coming back. This is also true of the other big-time Trammell collectors I mentioned above--I've been bidding against them in auctions for over 10 years.

Peter G.
    Last edited by pgrossma; 03-02-2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: grammar fix

SCF Rewards
    Country

Always fun to see PC's of players that were stars of my childhood (the 70's and 80's). Thanks for the look and congrats on the honor!

Blog Entries
    Country

very nice PC!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe I'll become another Trammell supercollector....in 10 years.

Just bought my first-ever Tram on-card auto (from '04 Donruss Recollection) and will post it in that Show-n-Tell section. It's a start...

Again, I applaud your diligence in putting together such a great Tram collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome collection! He will be a manager again one day! That means more cards!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (73)
    Country
    See badago76's Items on eBay

Sweet Colection!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast