Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lea Defoote

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Leroyslegenaryauctions's Items on eBay

Tom is definately the epitome of the term super collector. Back in 2000 and the old NTN2 days when I had just got into NASCAR collecting, it was Tom and his collection who served as an inspiration in my collecting. A well deserved honor!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmorrow1957's Items on eBay

Congrats on a fantastic collection Tom!! Hope you can find those last few you need to get er finished up!!

Tom

SCF Rewards
    Country

pics arnt working?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Super Collector, super collections, congrats and thanks for sharing!
    Football: Emmitt Smith!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See jonsdoe1432's Items on eBay

Congrats Tom with a super nascar collection

SCF Rewards
    Country

I helped

WTG Tom, glad I was able to help with 1 of the Wheels Golden /50, and I got a GREAT Gordon in exchange which was worth about 4x the Musgrave, 1 of the oversized Gordon coins from pinnacle mint.
    I also coll. the oddball stuff of Gordon.
    Toooo many Gordons out there for me to be a super coll., again, WTG !!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lea_defoote's Items on eBay

Yes, ToJ, that was a great trade. Meets my definition of the perfect trade, in fact, we both thought we got the better end of it! The Gordon coin may 'book' for more than the Musgrave Golden, but to this day I have not seen another one of the Musgrave card available for sale or trade. I could have replaced the Gordon coin if I wanted to though.

Looks like the pics in the original post were linked to my old web host. I will re-post them below. If there is still someone who can edit the original post, please change the pic links to these ones hosted on Google, thanks.

Here are pics of some of my favorite pieces from my collection:

This was the first Ted card I owned, I got it a couple years before I actually started collecting. It is from the 1996 Motorsports Collectibles NAPA set which was distributed through a promotion at NAPA stores.

This is the only card I’ve been able to find of Ted where the serial number matches his car number. It is a 1996 Wheels Knight Quest Black Night card.

This was a tough segment of my Musgrave collection to complete. These are the 1994 Hi-Tech Brickyard 400 Preview Proof cards. Even though these have a population of 200 each, these cards were tougher to get than the Oil Slicks (/100) and Goldens (/50). Thanks again to Scott for helping me polish these off earlier this year.

This is probably my favorite Certified Auto card of Ted. I really like the design of these cards. Also, I was able to find a variation of this one. I also have one signed in Black (or Navy, I can’t tell for sure) ink.

These cards are fairly unique. They are a version of the 1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Red, Blue and Gold cards. This is one of those rare cases where I won them on eBay before I knew any better, and looking back, I’m really glad I did! I’m not really sure what the whole story is on these, but instead of the regular gold foil serial numbers, they have XXXX/… printed in gold ink. I believe these were sample cards in the original sense, in that they were made as samples to be sent to catalog companies (i.e. Beckett), but the manufacturer obviously wasn’t going to use ones from the serial numbered run for that purpose. If anyone has any better info on these, I’d love to hear it.

Last but not least, here is a pic of my latest die cast addition. This is the only piece of merchandise I’ve been able to find of this car that Ted drove in 2000. This car had been the #42 car, but the team renumbered and repainted it after Kenny Irwin’s passing. Except for one race (PJ Jones at Watkins Glen), Ted was the only driver to race this car.

9. Please enclose a personal picture of yourself so we can see the person behind the fantastic collection. - Here’s a pic from this year’s (2008) Truck race at Loudon, Jonah’s first NASCAR race:

Last edited by Lea DeFoote; 04-20-2019 at 09:34 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awsome Pc cards I am going to do this for my Bobby Labonte Pc ive been collecting 20 plus years finally have everything scanned

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lea_defoote's Items on eBay

In case there's still anyone here who is interested, I thought I would share a recent major milestone that I reached with my Musgrave collection.

A couple weeks ago, I landed my most frustrating white whale, the 1995 Upper Deck Electric Gold #175:

175f.jpg

Between the spate of Pinnacle Mint Artist Proof coins that showed up last year and this latest addition, my want list has reached a significant plateau. The only known items I am now missing are; the R&N China Porcelain 1996 Press Pass card that Beckett claims exists, the '97 & '98 Pinnacle Mint Fine Silver coins, and a handful 1 of 1's (press plates, solid gold coins and solo cards). In other words, unless someone finds a hoard of the R&N China cards in a warehouse somewhere, the Pinnacle Mint Fine Silver coins are the most common item still on my want list. From what I've heard, there were about 30 of each made of those. I did acquire a 1999 Wheels Solo of Musgrave a couple years ago, so I still hold out hope of finding more of the unobtainium that makes up my want list, but I now feel that I can call my collection "complete" with only a little asterisk.

For posterity, here is a pic of the '99 Wheels Solo:

99WS24Fl.jpg

Thanks for reading this far.

-Tom

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

thats awsome thank you for sharing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12