Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    See dgarlesky's Items on eBay

Question best screw down for autographed cards???

what is the best screw down for autograph cards? i have a Derek Jeter auto that i need to put in a good screw down, i have it in a penny sleeve and top loader now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

Hi Dan-

I use Ultra Pro 1-screw screwdown w/recess that holds up to a 32pt thick card.

Peace~
    Rima

SCF Rewards

where could i get one of those? i have Ultra Pro 1-screw screwdown but the screw gets too close to the card and i'm afraid the card will get damaged. any ideas?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I picked up mine at the Chicago Sun Times show, I don't really know where else to get supplies for a great price other than a show. I paid $12 for a box of 25 screwdown holders. I would say ebay, but I would imagine the S&H would kill any deal you would get and card shops gouge you on supplies. I would say your best bet would be a local card show :)

Peace~
    Rima

SCF Rewards

Check out this site...I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard great things about it...looks like pretty good prices too:
    http://www.nwcardsupplies.com/

SCF Rewards

yeah thier prices are pretty good, but the only thing i don't like about the 1 screw screw downs are that the screw gets too close to the card, can the card get damaged?

SCF Rewards

hmmm...good question. Are you looking at the Econosafe ones, or the ProMold ones? I think I have a couple of the Pro Mold ones, and they work fine. The Pro Mold screw even looks like it's further away from the card than the Econosafe screw.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I use the Ultra Pro and ProMold when I can't find the other. I have been using screwdown holders off and on for as long as I can remember and only had 1 card damaged due to my sheer stupidity just recently.

Peace~
    Rima

SCF Rewards

Do you put the card in a penny sleeve, then in the screw down?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Only if the screwdown does not have a recess in it that the card fits into. Most of the ones you see now do have the recess, so it gives the autograph (thats what I collect) room to breathe and not be right up against the front.

Peace~
    Rima

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast