Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question is it ok to scan cards with top loaders?

is it safe to scan cards with penny sleeves/top loaders? just in case i want to post some cards sometime.

like do you actually use a scanner? For my pictures i use a dig camera, i mean i was just wondering if you do actually use a scanner, ive never thought of that before.

Yea i use the digital camera. I mean none of my cards that ive taken pictures of (i use top loaders and sleves) have been fine.

Welp I always use a scanner for pictures of my cards. I do have a camera but have not taken the time to use it or to get use to it. hehe. Now as far as the scanner from my experience either way is fine. There are some cards that I do take out of the top loaders and penny sleeves to try to get a better picture and there are some that I don't take out for I don't want to leave to chance to damage it. hehe. I would say it would be all up to the scanner of the card. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

could the lights from the scanner damage an auto? like fade it out or anything?

I would think no. Well if you scanned the cards like who knows how many times it may but just to get a scan of it, it should not do anything to it. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

i would agree... the lights arent harmful to that kind of stuff unless you do it repeatedly... i have scanned many cards and had no problem... now i use a dig. camera but i dont get nearly as good of scans with it

You'll get a better picture of a card with a scanner than with a digital camera. A scanner is meant for flat items and a digital camera is used for larger items.

You won't damage autographs unless you keep them out in the light but that would take years. Sun light DOES damage cards though. I've seen shops where all the cards near the window were all faded away.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast