Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

interesting posts. i didnt even know about the sketch cards but those masterpiece cards are beauts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Update from the previous 3 cards mentioned:

The Gretzky sold for over $400,

The Howe went unsold as the "Best Offer" options weren't high enough (Buy it now had it for almost $800 i believe?)

The 2nd Bobby Orr (not the one posted on our forums in the +100 area a few weeks/months ago) sold yesterday...

Those three were on ebay at the same time, and if i'm not mistaken two of them were from the same seller/cardshop (wow for him that he'd pull or acquire two somehow?!) and were the biggest blip on the radar screen thus far that i've seen in terms of publicity or being "out there".

I can't find anything online currently to add to the list, and am (still) amazed as to how limited/rare it is to hear, let alone see these 1/1's...

Anyone else heard anything locally or seen any?

SCF Rewards
    Country

well.

happy new year to one and all, i've been gone from the internet world for a few days now; and as i do every morning (and night) i checked up on the various sites out there for any Masterpieces Legends Artist Sketch 1/1's that could have shown up and (unfortunately for the sake of finding a fresh one, nada) found the Howe one up on ebay. looks intent on finding a buyer in the $700+ range it seems, or at least close enough with a Make-an-Offer to his liking.

how i wish i could see/find some more! they are driving me bonkers in their exclusivity and general elusive, hard-to-find status...

if anyone here has seen or heard of any - (online or real life) please share the info, many thanks in advance...

we'll see how the Howe one does!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

Update from the previous 3 cards mentioned:

The Gretzky sold for over $400,

The Howe went unsold as the "Best Offer" options weren't high enough (Buy it now had it for almost $800 i believe?)

The 2nd Bobby Orr (not the one posted on our forums in the +100 area a few weeks/months ago) sold yesterday...

Those three were on ebay at the same time, and if i'm not mistaken two of them were from the same seller/cardshop (wow for him that he'd pull or acquire two somehow?!) and were the biggest blip on the radar screen thus far that i've seen in terms of publicity or being "out there".

I can't find anything online currently to add to the list, and am (still) amazed as to how limited/rare it is to hear, let alone see these 1/1's...

Anyone else heard anything locally or seen any?

wow i didnt know about those but i definitely would have thought both the gretzky and orr would have went for more. i would have gone $250-300 on the orr had i known

SCF Rewards
    Country

(potentially) mini-update.

i am currently hoping the trade winds, and postal service, and weather, and murphy's law do not tangle it up for me - but I might have a wonderful post to share with you in the next few days regarding some of the sketch cards!

sorry for the tease, but it's by far the coolest/amazing find i have come across and potentially may be able to call my own soon!
    unrelated to my collection sidenote: the Howe card has been recently added yet again at the $700+ price BIN/MAO on ebay. that's quite a steep price and a tough one to just swing i bet, one of those that you hope someone bites? (shrug)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

Reason why there might be more than one of each player is because I believe there is 1 for each of the 87 cards in the base set.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation UD Masterpieces Artist Sketch - Proud Owner

I DID IT!

I did a ton of research.
    I contacted auction sellers,
    I contacted auction buyers,
    I tried contacting the artists, bloggers, hobby-shops, and (soon) UD itself...

I scoured the internet for hours (and hours, and hours, and hours, and no joke - more hours...)

and can proudly share with you the crown jewel(s) of my collection.
    (drumroll please)

((drumrolling))

Attachment 21803

Ladies and Gentlemen of SCF.
    My happiest moment in collecting cards in my lifetime thus far...

I am now a proud owner of two of the coolest, most unique (in my opinion) Bobby Orr 1/1 cards that I've ever seen, heard of, or could think of.

I know there are some ridiculous Orr cards out there (the 1/1 "Property Of" card must be ridiculous but I've never seen it), and many that have surfaced in the collecting world gracing good ol'bobby on them...

but these two are absolutely positively super unique and "special" and look awesome in person. I had no idea that Bruce Gerlach did a right, and left side of the face and logo - a cool, classy, and vibrant representation of Bobby. You can see the pencil smudges, you can see the marker-whiskers that that are covering the sketch, you can really get a nice "feel" for the artwork on them.

So.

Here you have it - I'm sharing the image with you - my hockey community that I'm learning from every day, and am doing my part to add a unique and interesting subset into the forefront in case anyone else hears of them, see's them, or owns any. Not bragging in any way, just sharing - as a rookie, as a young-gun in here I feel it's only right to share with the people that enjoy and care for fun/unique experiences such as this one.

enjoy!

(ps - more updates to come as I find them. I'm pleased with my progress so far, but am now ready to focus on finding a Bossy and O'ree sketch somehow, someway!)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

thats absolutely awesome. congrats

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

Those sketches you have look amazing!!! Congrats on tracking them down and getting them!

I wonder why more haven't surfaced on ebay though?

Would have thought that most would pop up on ebay unless actual collectors are pulling them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks guys, it means alot :)

As for the ebay thing - I totally agree, and it blows my mind why more have not shown up.

Especially with how long the set has been out, you would/should have seen more by now, no?! It's been maybe 6 or so that have shown up?
    No more than 10 TOTAL that I've seen myself or heard of from others?

(thats nuts on how hushhush/quiet/private/selective they've been so far)

The Howe one is still up on ebay - around $799 still I believe, and I check ebay almost on the hour from my iPhone or internet when I get a chance.
    Spelling variations, different descriptions, etc - nada. zip-zero.

Hopefully more surface - It's a beautiful set, and an incredible type of collectors item.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast