Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

It doesn't look a lot like Gordie but I like the personality of the drawing!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Howe - Comic Style

Interesting.

A few thoughts, and links to view/consider:

Two new sketch cards have popped up,
    1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=390027489117

(item 390027489117)

2. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=400028487192

(item 400028487192)

--- ---

interesting: both cards are by comic artist Dan Panosian. it's a curious thing that not just one but TWO of the same artist (let alone "new" and unseen as of yet) have popped up in a relatively same time-frame.

the same happened with the Gerlach's, and the Molinelli's a few weeks back... (scratching my head.. hmmmmmmm, interesting...)

___ ___ ___

The other "interesting" find is that this is now the 3rd (or 4th?! unconfirmed as of posting this) sketch card the little_italian has put up. I don't know how many boxes he has opened, or how much he's spent, or where he got them - but that... is, nuts. He has singlehandedly revealed the most via ebay thus far, and the most variety. The artists themselves (Gerlach and molinelli) have posted their cards up as a sheet on their respective websites, but there's a whole bunch of others that have surfaced and little_italian has the most to this date on ebay.

Not that it majorly matters, but he has not returned any messages inquiring about where/how/what - and no, i wasn't trying to sabotage, i was just wondering what his method(s) were. Casebreaks, trades, or the mention that he recently purchased a collection of mid range to high end cards for his collection/aution.*

(*ps - i can't stand when sellers mistakes in descriptions or common/basic terms on their products offered. anyways, i digress...)

So, there you have it for now - I know one of the Howe's was mentioned above my post - I was away for a few days and did not get a chance to update the images or descriptions to share with you but have been tracking them on my phone in the meantime.

And a final note, I honestly hope that there are non Howe/Gretzky/Mario/Orr/popular guys like that in the Sketch collection... (interesting) the types of cards popping up is reflecting a strange ratio of "uber"stars or potentially guys that the artists chose to cover - instead of UD/Masterpieces equally splitting the set members. (will there be a Lafleur? will there be a Foster Hewitt? they have them in the set - will they also honor them via sketch?) or is it turning into a 25 Orr's, 25 Howe's and Gretzky's, etc type of deal. (hope not)

I'm hoping and praying an O'Ree or Bossy card pops up somehow someway!

Very Interesting...

Thanks for reading along, keep the updates comin' fellas.

cheers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See teamchevelle's Items on eBay

Alright, hands up, who scooped the Howe? :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alright, hands up, who scooped the Howe? :)

(geez)

wish i knew.
    (and i wonder how much it went for)

at least tell me it's someone on these forums?!

anyone...

anyone...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question 3 panosian, 3 howe, 2 little_italian, 1 week, hmm...

another panosian (3 in the past week now with 0 by any other artist),
    another one by little_italian (2 in the past week).
    another Howe (3 in the past week)

is that a weird coincidence or is it just me?!
    dude has these sketches locked up on ebay for a while now, not to mention the Howe he took off a few days ago and privately sold mid-auction...

and another interesting thing - take a closer look at the orientation of the card/image - notice that this card was painted upside down!

Attachment 22424

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See teamchevelle's Items on eBay

Coincidence..........not likely. I would love to know whats going on here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

Coincidence..........not likely. I would love to know whats going on here.

Yea it seems odd. I know this is unlikely, but what are the chances some of these may be counterfeits? Due to the fact nobody really seems to know anything about them, plus there is no checklist, or known number of cards in existence, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Plus the fact that there are multiple cards coming from the same people after nobody had any for months?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question fakes? eh...

personally i don't think they are fakes, although the coincidence(s) really bug me with how they've been brought to the open...

first a bunch of gerlachs,
    next a bunch of molinelli's,
    then a bunch of panosians...
    quite a few from a certain seller,
    quite a few in similar time frames (within a few days of each other),
    after months of ...nada...

i swear, (comically reacting) that i sit and scratch my head and think that it's a big joke that the internet world is playing on my indiana jones'ian search of these (personal) "holy" 1/1 grails; part of a big davincian code conspiracy of the ultimate players captured on cardboard!

i feel like i need to travel to the hockey hall of fame (or um, Upper Deck) with a handheld blacklight and i'll reveal a world of clues and answers. or maybe if i align my two Orr sketches in the sunlight on his birthday then an answer or a map may be revealed?

hmmmmmm...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Last edited by flemingc04; 02-06-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast