Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hot Prospects Enhance Bowman Chrome

Hot Prospects Enhance Bowman Chrome
    6/9/2003 6:05:07 PM

As in the past, this year's Bowman Chrome baseball edition will feature some top prospects that were not included in the regular Bowman set.

Who should collectors be watching for? Here's what the Bowman Scout had to report after analyzing the four-day 2003 Baseball Draft:

Matt Diaz, OF, Devil Rays - Out of all the Devil Rays' outfield prospects like Baldelli, Crawford, Hamilton, Pridie, the Gomes brothers, etc., this is the kid that everyone forgot about. You will see this guy in the show very soon! He's batting .380 and boy can he hit.

Elizardo Ramirez, P, Phillies - He's nicknamed "Easy" for his fluid pitching motion. He's an awesome pitcher who reminds a lot of people, including me, of Pedro Martinez. Last season, he struck out 73 batters and walked only 2!

Felix Pie, OF, Cubs - He's only 18 and he's one of the best all-around prospects in the minors. He's currently batting .321.

Joe Valentin, P, Athletics - Last year, he won the top reliever award for the minor leagues with 36 saves. He will be the A's closer of the future.

Greg Aquino, P, Diamondbacks - Right now, he's 6-2 with a 3.06 ERA. He was originally a Shortstop, but now he's a power pitcher (mid - high 90s) with great control.

Kelly Shoppach, C, Red Sox - The Red Sox really like this kid. He's moving very quickly through the minor league ranks.

Felix Sanchez, P, Cubs - Another power-pitching prospect, but even better-this guy is a southpaw. The Cubs are very excited about him.

Jon-Mark Sprowl, C, Diamondbacks - He's a very disciplined hitter. Because, the D-Backs are so talent rich at the catching position, they have been experimenting with him at other positions.

2003 Bowman Chrome releases July 16 and carries a $4 SRP for each 4-card pack. Each box guarantees an autographed rookie card and an uncirculated sequentially numbered gold refractor.

I can't wait for this product

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sweet! As usual this should be the baseball product of the year!

BGray

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Iggy likie... Iggy want wingies!

Every year it seems like Bowman Chrome does something else new to keep itself at the head of the pack.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See just-for-cards's Items on eBay

I can't wait either.
    I just hope they don't get like Upper Deck and make the rookies impossible to get. 1 or 2 per box is crap!
    I'll start with 2 boxes and take it from there.

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Ryan - did you get that from the SLAM! Collectibles site? Do you like the site?

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Originally posted by just-for-cards
    I can't wait either.
    I just hope they don't get like Upper Deck and make the rookies impossible to get. 1 or 2 per box is crap!
    I'll start with 2 boxes and take it from there.

I hear you man. Along with all the inserts, I think this SP rookies crap is killing the hobby also. I mean who really wants a 03 Jeter... I want the 03 rookies! I mean if you want to make SP rookies, make 2 versions of them. One that's common and another that's 1 per box.

SCF Rewards
    Country

no from beckett tim...

SCF Rewards

Gioperation -- I thank you for that article on Bowman Chrome.

I am getting it as a gift, wanted to trade the packs for Jerry Rice cards, and was gonna post a question on what each pack goes for.

The article answered all my questions, so thanks!!

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Originally posted by gioperation
    no from beckett tim...

Ah, I see, SLAM had it as an article from Beckett on their site.

Tim

That article is wrong.

I am a big Cub fan and I know that Felix Pie is hitting .286
    I don't know where someone got .321

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast