Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See superfly0914's Items on eBay

andrewcstein-(Vlad Guerrero)

I would like to officially welcome Andrew into the Super Collector Hall of Fame. Andrew has amassed an impressive Guerrero collection, including over 97% of the 2007 Topps Moments & Milestones Guerrero base set!

Check out his web sites and see if you can help him add to his collection.

Congrats Andrew!

Total Vlads:
    2,315/8,199 = 28.2%
    Note that the total I have does not include all the different 2008 Topps Moments and Milestones cards, since I do not believe Beckett should count them all. If you wish to include those, my numbers are:
    2,431/8,199 = 29.65%

Plus 9 items not in Beckett (one of which is a patch that is only listed as a jersey, I have the Jersey and a nice 4-color patch).

Serial #: 617

GU: 267

Autos: 14

1/1s - 2 (both 2007 Milestones Red)

I also have 532/549 of the 2007 Topps Milestones base versions, which is 97.26%. These cards are not counted in the total.

Total Vlad base, insert, and parallels (not including GU, Autos, or 1/1s) = 2,032/4,043 = 50.26%

My site: http://www.freewebs.com/vladhavelist/havelist.htm
    GU/Autos: http://www.freewebs.com/vladhavelist...edandautos.htm

Other items:

2004 Angels Schedule (in Spanish)
    Leaf R&S Entry Form
    Leaf Wrapper
    Magnet
    IP auto
    Merrick Mint Coin
    Two Starting Lineup
    Bobblehead
    Statue celebrating his Silver Slugger
    Celebriducks (2 - one Angels and one Minor League #/10000)
    Schedule (in English)
    Starting Lineup Figures - two in original packaging
    Vlad Postcards (Montreal Expos) - 3

Why I collect Vlad:
    When I was a kid, I had relatives in Montreal. Whenever we went up there, we went to see some Expos games. This was long before Vlad was on the team, but I grew to like the Expos as a second team. Later, when Vlad was coming up through the minors, I read everything I could find on him, and decided to follow him closely. I started haphazardly collecting his cards for a while, then I decided to go all out and go for everything I could get. I love his enthusiasm for the game, and his swing for the fences approach, and he's grown into one of the best players in the game.

Hidden Content | NFL HOF Player RC Collection: 221/284 (76.8%)
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Always looking for vintage stars/semistars/rookies in all sports.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See immaculatedeception's Items on eBay

nice collection. i get nervous every time he comes to the plate because you can't pitch to that guy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh Steelers
    Upper Deck ePack

From one super collector to another, congrats on getting this honor Andrew!

Darin

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wrshms's Items on eBay

Great job Andrew. Keep up the good work

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mattdile3's Items on eBay

Congrats Andrew. That is one impressive collection. And I am glad that you chose vladdy as your super collecton, because after the holidays I hope to take a shot at being a David Wright supercollector!

Country
    See ebbets's Items on eBay

Congrats! Welcome to the club!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (1909)
    Country

Love the collection, keep up the good work:)

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Awesome Vlad PC Andrew! Glad i could help along the way!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pgrossma's Items on eBay

I've always been impressed by the folks who player collect big stars with gigantic checklists. The sheer volume involved, coupled with the inevitability that even a truly great collection won't achieve the type of completion percentage possible with smaller names, makes seem like a very different type of challenge.

So from your stats, am I correct in concluding that literally half of Guerrero's 8000+ card checklist is GU, autographs, or 1/1?

Peter G.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See metsin19990's Items on eBay

Thanks everyone!

Congrats Andrew. That is one impressive collection. And I am glad that you chose vladdy as your super collecton, because after the holidays I hope to take a shot at being a David Wright supercollector!

Matt, there can be an unlimited number of supercollectors for any one player, so don't worry there :)

I've always been impressed by the folks who player collect big stars with gigantic checklists. The sheer volume involved, coupled with the inevitability that even a truly great collection won't achieve the type of completion percentage possible with smaller names, makes seem like a very different type of challenge.

So from your stats, am I correct in concluding that literally half of Guerrero's 8000+ card checklist is GU, autographs, or 1/1?

Peter G.

Yup, it's insane. I didn't know all this when I started - I just wanted to get some of his cards. He has over 2,100 GU and over 600 autos. I think the 1/1s are the worst though - almost 1,400 of them. Too many of those are 2007 and 2008 Topps Moments and Milestones (almost 200 just from those two sets).

For me, finding a $5 parallel from 1998 is more fun than a $20 GU from 2006, so it's always an enjoyable challenge.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast