Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country
    See razzamaztaz's Items on eBay

Where to turn to? -need advice

I got a signed 8x10" Canada team photo I recieved recently. I think it is real, but since I don't know the person I traded it from I can't know until I send it in for verification. It's signed by Gretzky, Brodeur, Richards, StLouis. So,

1) Which site is the best? PSA? Steiner?

2) What will it cost? I can't find it examples for multi-autographed items. PSA for example, take $50 for Gretzky verification, will they take 50x4 for the whole photo???

Afterwards I want to frame this and hang it on the wall so it's strictly for my own use.

Linda

Country

wow great find! i would personally send the photo to PSA/DNA to get it authenticated. Since Gretzky is on the photo it might cost quite a bit to get it authenticated, but if the autographs are real it would be worth it. So, personally, i would send them to PSA/DNA, but it's up to you!

-Good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country

Yes PSA is the one I'm leaning towards too, but anyone knows what it costs with a multi-signed item? Do they take charge for each signature, despite it's 1 photo? It would be worth it, but I don't think I can cough up $200 easily : (

SCF Rewards
    Country

You could also try Jimmy Spence......personally I think he seems more thorough, but the large majority of the stuff that I have obtained is PSA.

Country
    See tamsterj's Items on eBay

there was somthing about js a year ago or somthing about fakes or somthing

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country

Think I'll go with PSA, according to their site a signed item by Gretzky plus 3 sigs more would cost $75, it's expensive but worth it. I'll save up for it. I just need to know how to proceed, and how long time it takes. Anyone knows that, the turnaround time?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

i guess my question is, why bother? if you arent going to sell it, who cares if its certified?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country

Cause I don't know this person and thus can't knoe. If I'll frame it and hang it up on the wall I want it to be real. I've done that once, wonderful Rangers farewell photo with Gretzky, signed, looked very real. Turned out some months later it wasn't and I was so disappointed. I can just as well scribble something myself on a photo and hang it up then. Plus, if I ever DO want to sell it it's needed too.

Got replies back from both JSA and PSA. JSA was a lot nicer, friendly, said th turndaround time is 10-14 days, at most. PSA said 20 businessdays + shippingtime. Plus they ask a fee for the shipping back, whatever that may be, kind of rude too. I guess they're so big they don't care about customerservice.

Is JSA 100% trustworthy?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

no, its not- there were a bunch of incidents with them a few years back where they certified stuff known to be fake

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See denis6150's Items on eBay

i hate to break it to you, but palantri is right, the authenticators they are just like me and you, they make mistakes, if you didn't think it was real why buy it? since you bought you must think it is real so why waste all that money?