Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Grant Hill to miss all of next season for NBA

Grant Hill--- what a joke of a player.

Over $90-100M contract, and he's done as much during that contract as you or I

lolololol

-----------------------------------------------
    Magic seek salary-cap exception for injured Hill

June 19, 2003
    SportsLine.com wire reports

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orlando Magic have contacted the NBA seeking the medical salary-cap exception for Grant Hill, meaning the injured former All-Star might not play next season.

Hill has been hobbled by a bad left ankle since he broke it during the 2000 playoffs while he was with the Detroit Pistons.

He has had numerous operations on the ankle and has played in only 47 games for Orlando since signing a $93 million, seven-year contract in August 2000.

Magic general manager John Gabriel said Thursday the team had contacted the league seeking the salary-cap exception, but he wouldn't comment further.

Gabriel told the Orlando Sentinel that it was "likely" Hill will miss the season. Hill's agent, Lon Babby, did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

The Magic have until Oct. 1 to apply for the medical exception, worth $4.8 million, but they want to have the money available for this summer's free-agent recruiting period, which begins July 1.

The Magic did not apply for the medical exception previously because they believed Hill might make a successful comeback each season.

The maximum salary for the replacement player is 50 percent of the injured player's salary, or 108 percent of the league average salary for the previous season, whichever is less.

And this is news? lol
    Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity

Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 107/271 (39.5%)

***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***

Hill was a great player for a few years there... too bad he has had so many injury problems.

man, can you believe it

Magic signed him to an almost $90M contract, and the number of games he's played for them (not counting playing 1-2 minutes and leaving because of soreness) -- you can count on one hand

What else is new?

Why don't they just quit reporting "news" on Grant Hill unless the news is he's actually gonna play a game!

Now that would be news...lol
    Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity

Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 107/271 (39.5%)

***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***

Don't sports teams have a clause that if you're injured for the majority of your contract, that you don't get the full amount?

I mean, Hill probably hurt himself signing the contract!!

Grant Hill is just another overrated Duke player. The Pistons greatest trade ever was getting rid of that all-hype player. If my memory serves me right we got Ben Wallace for him...enough said -lol-

if that is a true trade, then someone better call the cops, b/c you pistons just committed highway robbery!!!

lolol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast