Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sg89collector's Items on eBay

knob1212 - Ed Belfour super collector

Congratulations to Steve aka knob1212 for he and his son's Ed Belfour's collection!

Steve and his son, Robert, began collecting Ed Belfour 5 years ago, and throughout this time, here's how the collection has shaped up:

Base - 409
    Rookie cards - 4
    Autos - 27
    GU - 213
    Inserts - 417
    Odd ball - 50
    1/1 - 3
    Total - 1123 different cards

This puts him at 46% of Belfour's total cards.

When asked about his experience with meeting Belfour (and the start of their collection), Steve told us this story:
    "When my wife and I saw the charity skate (with the Leafs) at the Air Canada Centre (TD Waterhouse Easter Seals Kids) we decided to come up with the money for Easter Seals. My son and I went door to door for donations, and we raised $500.00. Since we wanted to get the big package (lunch, tour and skate with the Leafs, we needed to have $1000.00). I worked overtime at work until I came up with the extra $500.00 we needed. The tour of the Air Canada Centre was great, even went into Domi's private box, seen were the raptors practiced. On our way down to the ice in the elavator, KEN DRYDEN got in with us, that was awesome (I grew up liking him the most) got his autograph on my son's Leafs jersey.
    We laced up and went on the ice (it looks so big when you are on ice level). As we skated the Leafs took turns coming on to the ice, 4 or 5 at a time. We skated with Sundin for a bit (among lots of other kids), when Belfour came on we got close to him and skated with him for a few laps (chatted with him). We were not allowed to get autographs while on the ice (because each player only had so much time on the ice to skate with as many kids a possible).
    We got a goody bag after the skate was done, with autographed photos of Leafs and a free pass to a Leaf practice at the Air Canada Centre."

Steve has traded for about 90% of the collection, which is quite impressive in itself and another reason why he thinks he has a super collection.

You can check out the rest of their collection here: http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr66/belfourphotos/

Please join me in congratulating Steve and his son on a wonderful Belfour collection!
    Last edited by quiet-things; 01-21-2009 at 08:32 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TysonX504's Items on eBay

Wow, all these collections are just simple stunning. Congrats Steve and your son on a great job.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is one wicked collection, I absolutely love the fact that this was collected with his son...and the fact that 90% has been traded for. Congrats again Steve, very well deserved award.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

Awesome collection! Congrats on earning the super collector badge!!!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for sharing and hopefully your son has enjoyed putting this awesome collection together with his DAD!!

Don

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Amazing Collection! Congrats!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Congrats to you and your Son on an amazing collection. Keep up the good work and enjoy.

Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lumm0x26's Items on eBay

Eddie the Eagle was a great goalie. Awesome that you can share something this fun with your son!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

Definitely an awesome looking collection. congrats on getting super collector status

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See odds-n-ends2008's Items on eBay

thanks,could not have done it without the help of fellow traders
    KEEP THE BELFOUR COMING

thanks steve and robert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast