Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: ROTD Vol. 1 #3

Country

ROTD Vol. 1 #3

Well, Today is Friday. Tomorrow Summer officially starts, and it's still only 65 degrees here on the north side of Chicago... Oh well.
    I'm Not really ranting about anything today, since I got totally wasted last night and have'nt watched any sports really except for the thrashing the Cubs are taking today.
    I would like to comment on the NBA draft. Which is also this weekend. Who's planning on watching it? I'm not. I could care less about the drafts in all sports. I used to watch the Hockey and football ones all the time. Who else thinks this has just become another piece of crap television show that holds peoples interest for no longer than 10-15 seconds? I realize the ratings go down after the first 10-20 picks, but why even televise it at all?
    I really dont care what "TOOLS" these players are bringing to the game. Nor do I care for the way that these draftees parade themselves around like they are the Next Sports god. Let them prove it to me on the playing field. I know alot of people think of these Drafts as "religious experiences", (My brother sets up a party every year and buys all kinds of Street and Smiths Guides to follow the football draft). But the commercialization of sports is getting out of hand. I feel the Drafts only support the Draftees ego's that they are in the spotlight by themselves for that 10 seconds while they put on the Team jersey and smile for a picture. After all, We all know who's going #1.

Remember... There's no "I" in team..... But theres a ME!

Also... This will be the last ROTD. I dont feel anyone really cares so I'm not going to waste my time doing this. This is something I thought of for two days know, and I was'nt going to stop, because I felt some members would of thought me to be a quiter.
    But , Since this does'nt spark anyones interest and it seems that the thread becomes lost in others posting of irrelavent things to do with the topic. Thanks to you who have read this and agreed or disagreed with me.

Thanks, JEFF

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

The draft is not exciting at all... there are few surprises and I think people realize at this point that most of the players will not turn out to be the team's savior. I think that the NBA lotto does have some excitement since the #1 pick is always up for grabs.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What I think would really garner the attention for the NBA draft is to unveil the Lottery selection that day....so we the fans can watch these overpaid "management" types scramble to put something together at the last minute and we would have the Minnesota Vikings of the NBA during almost all of the first few picks....now that would be entertaining....

Jeff - My apologies for deviating from the topic...

Country

No... No apologies are needed, I was'nt as prepared to do this as I thought. I have things going on that do not give me the time to think about this, and have Rants of my own that need to be handled first before I can extend myself to doing a column.
    Hopefully as things get a little straighter with my personal issues I may be able to do this again.

SCF Rewards

draft day this year will be anticlimatic

Cleveland picks Lebron
    Detroit picks the Darko guy
    Carmello goes 3rd

that's basically it.

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Yeah, but there are some prospects even better than the aforementioned three pod. Mike Sweetney, Luke Ridnour. Can't wait.

Tim