Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida Trades #1 Pick

Florida Trades #1 Pick

Pens expected to select goaltender Fleury

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

The Panthers traded their No. 1 overall pick in the NHL entry draft to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday.

In return, the Panthers move down to Pittsburgh's original No. 3 position and acquired Mikael Samuelsson.

It is the Penguins first No. 1 pick since 1984, when they selected Mario Lemieux. According to The Sports Network of Canada, Pittsburgh is expected to select goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury.

The Panthers, who won the NHL's annual draft lottery last month, were rumored to be shopping their No. 1 selection.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    It's been expected to happen in Pittsburgh for a couple weeks now. This kid better turn out because all the other goalies they've drafted haven't done squat.

I am not much of a hockey fan -- so is this a good deal?

This must be a weak draft, where the player FL wants will still be available at #3.

Imagine the Cleveland Cavs trading away the #1 overall pick

lolol

no it's actually the deepest draft in 10-15 years (probably since 1990 when there was jagr, brodeur, etc etc) There was supposed to be elite players left over at the No 20 pick.

I'm excited to see Carolina end up with Eric Staal. Should work out real well under Ronnie Franchise's wings...

first off GREAT deal by the penguins. i hated mikael samuelsson. florida can have him. the pens have started their rebuilding effort pretty nicely.

jakeklock,
    thats cool you know number 41....does he live near you or something?

i played against zach parise last year and i was shocked and amazed that the devils were able to get him so late. every team who passed parise up will be regretting that. i also went to a camp with danny fritsche (native of cleveland) and i am suprised he went into the second round. i really wish the pens wouldve scooped up fritsche when they had a chance instead of getting ryan stone.

I was hoping to see some more wheeling and dealing. The biggest move was Markov to Carolina LOL

i actually went to middle school with him. went to my HS and then went to a bigger school to get more attention and get further in hockey .. he's friggin good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast