Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    See dgarlesky's Items on eBay

Question What would you do if.......

What would you do if you were at a flea market or garage sale, and a little old lady was selling the regular junk you would find at some garage sales/flea markets, but out of all the piles of junk you see a shoe box. You open it, and to your amazment there are hundreds of vintage Baseball cards including a 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle, Ty Cobb, Willie mays, Ted Williams, and numerous other origonal MINT vintage cards from many companies like Topps, Bowman, Fleer, Cracker Jack, etc, etc, etc. You ask her how much she wants for the entire box, she says $5.00 because she does'nt know anything about them and just wants to get rid of them. What would you do? would you give her the $5 and have one the greatest vintage sports card collections in the world? or tell her how much the cards are really worth?

Me? i think i would give her the $5 and have one of the greatest sports card collections in the world.

Daniel

SCF Rewards
    See loucks11's Items on eBay

funny you should mention this situation, a couple years ago i baught 3 shoe boxes full of cards from a lady at a garage sale for 30 dollars (ten a box). turns out they were her sons cards, who only collected for 3 years. the years were 1963-1965. i now (4 years later) have 2 of the 3 sets completed and only need a handful of 1963 commons and a checklist to finish the entire 3 year sets. thanks for the read.

PS i did not feel bad about the deal because she seemed glad to be rid of the stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

I'd do the $5 bucks. I've always wanted to stummble onto a treasure like that when my wife & I used to check out garage sales for baby stuff before my son was born.

SCF Rewards

I had a similar situation happen...I ended up telling the person what they were worth and working with her to sell them. She gladly split the proceeds with me and ended up giving me some other memoribillia that she wasnt selling at the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

I'd probably buy it and not say anything. That's the only way I could get cards like that, lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Re: What would you do if.......

Originally posted by Dan_Cubbie
    You ask her how much she wants for the entire box, she says $5.00 because she does'nt know anything about them and just wants to get rid of them. What would you do? would you give her the $5 and have one the greatest vintage sports card collections in the world? or tell her how much the cards are really worth?

Well if the lady says $5 then I'd give her the $5.

Just because they are worth more doesn't mean anything. They aren't worth more than $5 to the lady so telling her that she could get more isn't going to do anything.

If she doesn't know she could get more then its her fault for not knowing. Tag sales are a great way of picking up stuff that YOU know how much you can get for it while others don't.

Its like a reward for having knowledge. You know it because you took the time to study/learn it so why would you feel guilty about it?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 101589dpm's Items on eBay

I would definately take them for $5, but first I would have to consider something. Why is she having the yardsale? If it's because she wants to get junk out of the house, take the cards for $5. But, maybe she is having the sale because she is trying to raise money for her son's surgery. Then I would help her sell them to maximize profit.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

I would tell her how much they "could be" worth, as far as condition-wise. I would bring her a beckett, show her the condition guide, and try and help her figure out what she has.

Peace~
    Rima

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

I would take em for $5. Wouldn't be able to contain myself on a deal like that although I would feel some guilt.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Ely836's Items on eBay

I do the $5 she doesnt have need for them and apparently wants to sell them so take them off her hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast