Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

castler0ck - Zach Parise Super Collector

While deciding which player to collect can be a “Devil” of a problem, for our newest Hockey Super collector, the decision turned out to be “a no-brainer.”

Besides the fact he’s “carrying my hockey pool,” castler0ck (Mark) said he began collecting New Jersey’s Zach Parise because he always thought he was very underrated and liked his style of play.
    When he decided to focus on one player, “It was a no-brainer,” the Canadian said.

Of Mark’s nearly 300 Parise cards – 98 are jersey/patches cards; 37 autographs; 71 numbered to #/25 or less; and 48 are #/10 or less. He also owns 12, 1/1’s, two autographed jersies, two autographed pucks, as well as four autographed 8x10 photos and an autographed 16x20 photo.
    Every day, Mark said, “Something new is coming in the mail.”

Not only that, but Mark also has a rather impressive collection of Zach’s father, J.P. Parise, with over 50 cards and eight autographs.

To view Mark’s collection, go to:
    http://s315.photobucket.com/albums/l...20Parise%20PC/

Mark’s interest in Parise solidified during the Devils’ playoff series against the Rangers last year.

“He got his two front teeth knocked out by a cross check and didn't even miss a shift. My dad commented that he was as tough as his father, J.P. Parise, who played for the North Stars and Islanders in the 70's.

“That's when I knew he had the heart and the potential to be one of the best players in the NHL, which he is proving this year. However, if the Devils go on a run this spring, or if he reaches 50 goals, I think I will have a new favorite moment,” Mark said with a laugh.

One of the first Parise cards Mark picked up was his 2007-08 SP Game Used SIGnificance #/50. “Before I was focused solely on collecting him, I starting buying autos of some of my favorite players and happened to pick this one up. I was naive to collecting at the time and probably overpaid, but it’s still a special part of my collection,” said Mark.

And, like most collectors, he has his favorites. At the moment, he said, it would have to be Parise’s Artifacts 1/1 Dual Tag with Patrik Elias because, “It is such a unique card. These tag cards are right up there with Shields when it comes to rarity, and I was lucky to grab this one before it hit eBay.”

If you ask, Mark may tell you he’s a firm believer in “Christmas miracles” after finally receiving all five of Parise’s 1/1's from this past year’s The Cup (1/1 base and the four press plates).

“Especially since the base was lost in the mail for four months,” Mark said. “I was sure someone had stolen it and I would never complete the rainbow. Lo and behold, it finally showed up right after Christmas!”

The next item Mark has his sights set on, is the 05-06 The Cup Platinum RC #/25. “Since I only started collecting him about a year ago, during his third year in the league, the hardest cards to collect have been his low numbered RC parallels, as most are tucked away in PCs.

“I'm content in not finding most of the #/5 and #/10 parallels out there, but I let three of these pass me by this summer and haven't seen one since. And of course their value has doubled since then,” he said.

Parise, 24, was a first-round pick (17th), by the New Jersey Devils in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. He holds the Devils franchise record for the fastest goal in a season-opening game, scoring just 26 seconds into the 2006–07 NHL season opener.

Parise by the numbers:
    Total Cards: 419
    Total Rookie Cards: 19
    Total Memorabilia Cards: 149
    Total Autograph Cards: 86

(written By Duff McFadden - Comatoad)
    Last edited by Crater_Satori; 02-06-2009 at 03:51 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

That is very very impressive. Just an awesome collection Very Super.

Congrads on the new Tag.
    Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am truly honoured! Here are my top 10 in no particular order:

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sg89collector's Items on eBay

Congrats Mark!! Very deserving... awesome collection