Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 42 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See schwood's Items on eBay

New Group possibly for shipping unwanted base?

I posted a thread earlier today, and found that there are people out there that throw away a lot of their base cards. I thought what a shame and that there must be someone else out there that would pay them shipping to get those cards from them. So, I am starting this thread, and hoping to get it as a General Trading (Buying/Selling) Group. All you would need to do is post in here that you have some base you want to get rid of and see if someone else wants to pay you to ship it to them. I mean, it seems a shame to throw cards away. So, if you come in, say you are either interested in some base or have some to get rid of post in here. Unfortunately, I don't want this to turn into a bartering area. This is for people who want to get rid of base, and don't mind sending it to someone just for the cost of shipping (flat rate box type thing). And it is also for those that don't mind paying shipping for those cards. I have done a couple of these so far. It is cool to get a box of kind of randon cards that you just pay to have shipped to you. It is about 15 bucks I assume for a large flat rate box, and you can fit in about 2000 cards on average in there. If this is interesting to you, post here. I am trying to get it set up as a general sticky in this forum for this type of transaction.

Just updating this to include some shipping costs for different flat rate stuff (got this from the post by Duval, thanks, this is awesome)...

"Priority mail has to do more with the size of package more than anything else

Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope $4.95 12-1/2" x 9-1/2"
    Priority Mail Small Flat-Rate Box $4.95 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
    Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB1) $10.35 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"

Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB2) $10.35 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
    Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) $13.95 12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"
    Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (APO/FPO Destinations) $11.95 12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6" "

Thought it might be easy to have this info in the first post of the thread.
    Last edited by schwood; 03-02-2009 at 01:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samjams3's Items on eBay

I think this is a great idea. I would love to buy a flat rate box full of base that I could save from being trashed. Please contact me if you would like to send a $10.00 flat rate box of newer base/inserts/whatever that you would otherwise throw away (2005-2009) of basketball/baseball/football

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

i would definently be a buyer... i would also travel up to 150 miles from Northeast Indiana to pick stuff up. I am always looking for huge lots of basecards for assorted things. Anyone who lives close to the NE corner of Indiana and wants to get rid of a ton of stuff let me know

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

the flat rate boxes are the ones at the post office that are priority mail and same cost no matter the weight right? I've been trying for years. The sportscard stores won't take them and 7 schools close to me have declined my bringing in cards for the students. The only time its possible for me to get rid of some of my collection is giving to the hospitals for Christmas time

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Looks like you have some buyers here...

Yep, those are the boxes. Just grab one, fill it up, post on here that you have one, and maybe you can send it off to a willing participant for shipping. you get rid of your base, and no need to toss them out. And then someone on the other end gets cards they can dig through. Looks like you could get rid of some of them here. I mean, I can't buy everyones, but I would surely buy what I can and dig through them. LMK what you have, and I might be willing to buy a box from ya. Just LMK if you are interested.

Just so people know, I would take any of the four major sports...Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball. Not a racing collector or a collector of other sports. Anyway, LMK.

the flat rate boxes are the ones at the post office that are priority mail and same cost no matter the weight right? I've been trying for years. The sportscard stores won't take them and 7 schools close to me have declined my bringing in cards for the students. The only time its possible for me to get rid of some of my collection is giving to the hospitals for Christmas time

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd be happy to take any Braves, Hawks, or Falcons

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yep, those are the boxes. Just grab one, fill it up, post on here that you have one, and maybe you can send it off to a willing participant for shipping. you get rid of your base, and no need to toss them out. And then someone on the other end gets cards they can dig through. Looks like you could get rid of some of them here. I mean, I can't buy everyones, but I would surely buy what I can and dig through them. LMK what you have, and I might be willing to buy a box from ya. Just LMK if you are interested.

Just so people know, I would take any of the four major sports...Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball. Not a racing collector or a collector of other sports. Anyway, LMK.

I know some of the boxes have hundreds of football and basketball parallels and inserts, but nothing that would be worth listing them up and trying to sell them on Ebay. Too hard to look through them each time to see if I have something for someone on here

duwal

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just post in here...

Honestly, if you have some flat rate boxes full and want to sell one for shipping, I could probably do another one. Interested? LMK.

I know some of the boxes have hundreds of football and basketball parallels and inserts, but nothing that would be worth listing them up and trying to sell them on Ebay. Too hard to look through them each time to see if I have something for someone on here

duwal

SCF Rewards
    Country

Honestly, if you have some flat rate boxes full and want to sell one for shipping, I could probably do another one. Interested? LMK.

yeah, I'd be interested. I just need to go to the post office and pick up one, then I can fill it up

duwal

SCF Rewards
    Country

How many cards can you fit into a box like that?

Page 1 of 42 123411 ... LastLast