Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    See Rocky15231's Items on eBay

Official Columbus Blue Jackets Thread

any other jackets fans?

who will we sign in the offseason?

will ray whitney be back?

will andrew cassels be back?

what does everyone think?

SCF Rewards
    See Hockey847700's Items on eBay

im just glad danny fritsche went to a team i like in the blue jackets. i was hoping the pens would pick up fritsche in the second round, but looks like the blue jackets found a nice pick (he is from cleveland so he is kind of a hometown boy). i had the privilage of playing against him in a hockey camp a couple of years ago and i am very suprised he slipped to the second round. the kid has some serious skills.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stublem84's Items on eBay

Sucks that Kiel McLeod left. I can't wait to see Nash and Zherdev team up. I think they are the next Heatley/Kovalchuk. Gritty offensive skilled Canadian paired with gritty offensive skilled Russian you can't lose.

SCF Rewards

i agree, that is what we needed, an explosive forward, and he looks like that. with whitney and cassels possibly not back, he may be rushed in more quickly than nash, who spent most his time on the lower lines. but like nash, i think the quicker you get these guys in and skating with the big boys, and experience the physicality of the NHL compared to the minors and foreign leagues, he will be a star in 2 years.

SCF Rewards
    See Hockey847700's Items on eBay

i really dont think zherdev and nash, although a good combination, will be as good as kovalchuk and heatley. actually i am gonna guarantee you they wont be as good (if i am wrong you can always come back to this thread and shove it in my face). zherdev also isnt a guaranteed star either. he struggled badly in the world junior championships against the best kids his own age. since i like the blue jackets, especially klesla, i hope zherdev turns out to be a good player. im just warning you not to get your hopes up. maybe im just a pessimist because im a pens fan and they are a terrible drafting team.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hope Whitney and Cassels both stay but I really think Cassels will be the one to leave. I think he'll go to Buffalo. It would be cool if they signed Todd Marchant also.

SCF Rewards

rumor is now pierre turgeon coming in if cassels and/or whitney leave, which is becoming a much more likely possibility. the only reason why i see cassels staying is to be with sanderson, his best season by far in a while was last year with geoff. but then again, he could use that year to get a final deal and end his career somewhere. the biggest problem with whitney is he wants a longer deal than columbus is willing to give him, i think they want 3 years, he wants 3 with an option or 4 guarenteed.

SCF Rewards

reported in the columbus dispatch andrew cassells has been signed, very good to hear

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good news indeed. I wonder if they are gonna try and land a few free agents. Darren McCarty would look good there and it appears he's a 50/50 to go back to Detroit.

SCF Rewards

the names ive heard as possible signings are john leclair and pierre turgeon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast