Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards

Thanks, Minew, for that update.

I too cannot wait for next Tuesday!!

Lakers played the penultimate game of the pre-season last night, and lost to the Clippers.

Can't remember the score....

but Kobe played for the first time in a real game!

He did well from the start, 2-3 FGs, with a three pointer....but faded after that , going 4-14.

The Fabulous Foursome did fairly well, with a 64-59 halftime lead, but the Clippers hung tough, and did well down the stretch.

The last game of the preseason for the Lakers is tonight vs. Sacramento, on ESPN (and Channel 9 KCAL if you're in S. CA)

I don't think the starters will play a lot of minutes tonight (they played a bunch last night).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

I'm all ready to watch the game tonight. I don't expect the starters to play all that much either. Maybe the first quarter to give the fans a show. The real fun part is going to see what the final roster is going to be in a couple of days. Sampson and Medvedenko are playing both pretty well, but is there even room on the roster for both of them? It may come down to who plays better tonight, lol!

SCF Rewards

10/24 update: Lakers lose to Kings by 6

In a game the Lakers played their starters a bunch of minutes (except Devean rested for sprained ankle), the Lakers look like the Lakers of last year in playing the Kings

couldn't score, didn't rebound, and couldn't play defense.

Lakers were down by 5 at halftime, but got blitzed by the Kings in the 3rd quarter, as the Kings, led by Bobby Jackson, ended the quarter with a 16 point lead.

Lakers started 4th quarter with all reserves (Rush, Pargo, Grant, Fisher, and 1 more)......and the 2nd unit led a furious rally, all the way back to 2 points, led by Fisher's 14 points in the 4th quarter.....but the deficit was just too much to overcome.

Kobe played, and was subpar.

Regular season starts Tuesday vs the Mavs!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

I saw that game. Was very dissapointed in how they played. Kobe Just 6 points!!! Well, hopefully they can rebound and win vs. the Mavs!

SCF Rewards

10/29/03 update: Lakers 109-93 over the Mavericks

What a beautiful game, even without Kobe.

Lakers started out on a 17-4 run, primarily b/c the Mavs couldn't shoot from the perimeter and from the free throw line (gee, I thought they only did this in the play-offs)

And the Mavs never came closer than about 5-6 points.

Nowitzki did a fair job for the Mavs; but Finley struggled mightily. Nash was ok. Walker was ok. Nothing spectacular from the Mavs.

The Lakers looked good, in part due to the porous defense of the Mavs and the Mavs inability to shoot baskets.

Payton, of all people, led the way with 21 points, and did a Magic Johnson act, as he led the Lakers attack with wonderful passes, good defense, and great penetration.

Malone struggled in 1st quarter, finally scoring in 2nd quarter on a free throw. He had a tremendous 3rd quarter as the Lakers pulled away 86-67 at one point.

Shaq didn't do much, and didn't need to. He ended up with 16 points, same for Devean George, who wasn't covered the entire game (after all, why would you cover George at all this season)?

Fisher, playing for Kobe, scored 16 points, and played tremendous defense on Nash.

Kobe, perhaps playing with himself in the Lakers locker room, finally joined the team with 17 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. Perhaps he saw just how well everyone was jelling with each other

Kobe sat next to Shaq for the entire 4th quarter -- wow!!!

next game: at Phoenix, Saturday. Kobe will play

I think, lol

SCF Rewards

I was impressed with both Karl Malone and Gary Payton. It seems like they can still play their own style of ball while still meshing with Phil Jacksons offense. i really liked how malone was playing. especially since i drafted him in the 7th round because people thought he was gonna lose his stats.

I thought the Kobe sitting to Shaq in the fourth quarter was a complete front. Everyone knows they do not like each other, and one team meeting isnt gonna cure all the problems. BUT i guess just sitting next to each other is good enough for Laker fans to suspect everything will be fine.

By the way, Dallas sucked last night. haha

-Harris-

SCF Rewards

Yes being a Lakers fan I was happy with the outcome of the game but the Lakers have a way to go. I think they looked good but mostly due to how bad Dallas played. Both teams are still coming together just like the Spurs earlier in the night. Im anxious to see how the Lakers do against a team that most the players are still there or have atleast had them all preseason. For now as Shaq said We are 1-0 and can build off that.
    I was very impressed with Payton and Malones passing the most of everything.

wayne

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @sasesportssigs Instagram:

That was fun to watch. I think Payton is going to be the key. Shaq and Kobe have never had a real point guard and definitely not a reaaaaally good point guard like Payton passing them the ball and getting them easy looks. The Lakers look pretty serious right about now. Question seems to be will Shaq and Kobe get annoyed when they're not getting a ton of looks every game. Their scoring averages will probably take a tumble this year and I wonder if their egos can handle it. I don't think Malone or Payton really care about how much they score though so maybe it'll work out.

SCF Rewards

Originally posted by LakersFan
    Yes being a Lakers fan I was happy with the outcome of the game but the Lakers have a way to go. I think they looked good but mostly due to how bad Dallas played. Both teams are still coming together just like the Spurs earlier in the night. Im anxious to see how the Lakers do against a team that most the players are still there or have atleast had them all preseason. For now as Shaq said We are 1-0 and can build off that.
    I was very impressed with Payton and Malones passing the most of everything.

wayne

Saturday's game should be more telling about where the Lakers are very early on.

Dallas game yesterday doesn't count, b/c they don't play defense, and just jack up perimeter shots.

but Phoenix plays a little better defense, and they've got athletic guys like Marion and Amare who play inside and out.

I think the Lakers should keep Kobe out 1-2 more games for being an ™™™™™ these past couple of days.

We sure as hell didn't need him last night....

and if he wasn't out there at the beginning of the game, why the hell did he appear in the 3rd quarter? b/c he saw how fun it was!

All this BS about his working out while the game was going on -- that's stupid. He could've had his knee rehabbed before and after the game, and still be out there with his teammates during the game

Fine Kobe more money than $2500 (that's like me stealing $0.01 from you), kick him out of the stadium for 1-2 more games!

SCF Rewards

I agree about the Kobe stuff he needs out a couple more games so when he does come back its at 100%. Saturday will be a great game.

Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast