Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards

Cool Official Detroit Lions Thread

Figured i'd be the one to start one.

i was just about to start one, then i saw this. i think they will do decent, especially with rogers, harrington, and mariucci as the new coach

SCF Rewards

Their pretty deep every where for a change. As long as they can stay healthy, they should get around 8 wins.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hope to see some big improvements this year. I still don't see us becoming a playoff contender or anything... our key players are still too young and we've got a new coach (again).

On Offense:

I'm still worried about RB. Without a real running threat our offense become too one dimensional. Stewart is okay, but he's just not a real threat with his relatively slow wheels. I think that defenses don't worry too much about covering him figuring that as long as one guy can hit him others will be able to rush to the pile before he gets anywhere. Add in the fact that he's so injury prone, and well, who've got backing up this year?!? Hopefully Pinner becomes a diamond in the rough.

On defense I'm worried about our lack of deepth all around the field. We've got okay starters at most positions, but if we can't rotate them out for rests they'll just become too tired to play effectively by the 4th qtr.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey,

How do you guys (lions fans) feel about Pinner?? I really liked him in college. I am a Browns fan, but I think he will make a nice little impact on your team. I think you make get burnt on the Boss Baily pick though :(

SCF Rewards

Pinners injured right now, so it's hard to tell.

Why would we get burned on Bailey? He was a first round talent, taken in the second.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Remember 'Weg's first year Tigers#1? Our defense was really great at bumping into the other team...but they never wrapped them up so the runner consistantly got 2-4 more yards after getting hit by our defenders.

That's the story on Bailey. He's a great athlete and pretty fast, but he doesn't wrap up people, just bumps into people trying to knock them to the ground.

Reguarding Pinner: I hope he turns out to be a great selection. I believe he was project to be a second rounder prior to his injury. Let's hope he heals fully.

SCF Rewards

But you can teach a guy how to wrap up, it's just a mental thing. I know i played linebacker in high school, and it's just something you forget to do because it's such a simple thing, and i'm sure he's working on it. If thats his only knock, than thats pretty good.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe that the tackle thing is Baily's biggest negative. And I hope that he can be taught to tackle rather than bump people. I would think that it could be done, but Baily's had lots of years to develop a bad habit...

SCF Rewards
    Country

wahoo finally a football team i like has a official thread so these guys r gonna be good this yr i hope staley is gonna get back to what he was at BYU haha he was da bomb over there i watched so many games hes real good but the one thing neg about him is hes injury prone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast