Thread: General Questions...

Sports1131

General Questions...

As you can probably tell by my post count, I am new here.

I am considering starting to collect sports cards (likely baseball, but possibly hockey) in the near future. I used to collect hockey cards several years ago, but I basically just bought packs at the store and kept the ones of the players I liked and traded the others away.

I really don't know what exactly I should be doing. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars, but if I do start collecting I'd prefer not to do something half-assed. What kind of cards should I be looking for? What is this thing I keep reading about that you shouldn't buy regular packs because people usually have weighed them to remove the special edition cards? Is there a way I could do that?

I know these are pretty dumb questions and I'm sure I forgot six or seven more important ones since it is 12:00, but who knows.

Thanks in advance. :)

Sports1131
    Also, I might have an unopened box of 1982 or 1988 hockey cards lying around in my house somewhere.

What are the chances of them being worth anything?

Can't tell you anything more about them right now since I'm currently lounging around in Montreal (I live in Boston).

what I would do is just start browsing ebay you will get a pretty good idea of every sport and what is in demand.

88-89 Topps box has the Brett Hull rookie card so sells for $100+

the 82-83 box has a few good rookies in it but the Topps doesn't go for that much. The OPC goes for $80+

look for huge lots of sports cards on Ebay

That's how I got re-started several years ago.

I stopped collecting in 1990s, and when I finished my work, I bought several 5000 count boxes of basketball, baseball, football

It was nice to see the cards -- although not as many super rookies as I would've liked, lol

Yeah. I've been out of the hobby for 5 years and I'm just getting back into it. I've already bought a couple of lots for real cheap on ebay. I got about 1200 cards for $15 U.S. But I'm still waiting for them in the mail. Finding this site also got me more into cards again. For me personally,I'm an autograph hound so cheap cards are the way to go when you don't have a certain player.

Oh yeah be sure to visit some strip clubs while your in Montreal. I recommend the Chez Paree.

http://www.pareemontreal.com/

For directions and info. lol

And don't worry mods the site is safe.