Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Question very odd jersey swatch. anybody ever seen anything like this?

    today my dad brought me home a 00-01 pacific jersey card of pavel bure. it is from his 93 canucks jersey. the swatch of jersey clearly has a piece of patch on it. the swatch is mostly (60%) a regular white piece of jersey, but then the other 40% is made up of a thick black sewn on stripe and a white stripe after the black one. god i wish i had a scanner. anyways, there is a patch variation with a print run of 10 copies, but the card i have does not say anything about a patch variation and it is not numbered out of 10. its a sweet looking card that my dad bought from a guy he works with (who owns a card store) for $5. i am just wondering if pacific accidently put a piece of patch ona regular card or if that is just the way the old canucks jerseys were. it defintely looks like a patch though. it is really thick and sewn on. has anyone ever seen anything like this?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    p.s. the card store owner does not have much hockey and does not know very much about hockey or hockey cards. he only knows what he sees in the hockey becketts.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3

  4. #4
    i wish i had a scanner...i just got off the phone with pacific and they said that it has happened before that they put a piece of patch on a regular jersey card and that is what apparently happened here. the regular jersey card of bure is only worth $15 but this is a pretty nice find with a piece of patch on it for only $5. they said this doesnt happen often but they have gotten several calls before about this. i guess ill enjoy my patch card. lol

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5

  6. #6
    actually its a piece from their jerseys from the 92-93 season (their old logo jerseys). it says on the back of the card.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Follow SCF on