Kobe wants to test free agency???

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0626/1573339.html

I kinda don't get why he would even want to go to another team.

When he was first drafted he wanted to play for the Lakers and now he might go somewhere else.

I honestly don't get it. He is in the perfect situation with LA why go somewhere else?

Is he trying to get more money or is he tired of living in Shaq's shadow?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

From what people are saying it is a threat so that the Lakers will make moves to secure better players, possible re-sign Jackson, and to motivate Shaq to get in better shape.

Here's the deal with Kobe

He has always wanted to be considered amongst the greatest, if not be the greatest, to have ever played in the NBA.

To be amongst the greatest, you need to win championships and constantly compete for titles annually.

No matter how good you are, no one remembers you if you're playing for losing team, even if you make the Hall (see Don Mattingly, one of the greatest hitters, until his back went out on him).

Kobe wants to make sure that the Lakers put out money to get other quality players in (Juwan Howard and/or PJ Brown for next year to offset Tim Duncan somewhat). He also wants to make sure Shaq doesn't spend the summer doing other sh*t instead of working out and getting ready for this upcoming season.

This is a strategy to let the Lakers know that he wants quality, and will not be satisfied with less.

Kobe is one of those rare athletes (along with Jerry Rice), who, while they're in their early 20s, with millions in the bank, spend their off-seasons working on their games.

While most youngsters with millions are out screwing chicks, doing coke, hanging with the homies at bars and getting stabbed (a la Paul Pierce) or having guns (a la Iverson).....Kobe is in the gym working on a particular aspect of his game.

I will be extremely saddened to see Kobe leave L.A.

Much like I was saddened to see Jerry Rice released by the 49ers.

It shocked me when the Niners let go Montana; that was understandable, since you had Young. But Rice was still doing a capable job.

The 49ers under-estimated badly that Rice was done for.

Want to know an interesting stat?

Since Rice has left the Niners, he has more catches for more yards than Hall of Famer Lynn Swann.

I no longer have as much interest in the Niners as I used to; and have shifted towards the Raiders

What the Niners did to Montana and Rice, and Ronnie Lott is abominable.

3 Hall of Famers (anyone here gonna say Rice is not a Hall of Famer?), and all 3 end up playing elsewhere in their careers.

what a shame for the organization!!

I still hold out hope the Niners will take Rice back so he retires as a Niners

Originally posted by podstock
    Kobe is one of those rare athletes (along with Jerry Rice), who, while they're in their early 20s, with millions in the bank, spend their off-seasons working on their games.

While most youngsters with millions are out screwing chicks, doing coke, hanging with the homies at bars and getting stabbed (a la Paul Pierce) or having guns (a la Iverson).....Kobe is in the gym working on a particular aspect of his game.

I will be extremely saddened to see Kobe leave L.A.
    Thats why kobe is respected so much. even amongst those who dislike the Lakers. Im not a huge fan of the lakers either, but i wouldnt want to see Kobe anywhere else.