Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

WHL: Rockets Ready for New Challenge

From Castanet.net

Rockets ready for new challenge

by Wayne Moore - Story: 46656
    May 1, 2009 / 5:00 am

Kelowna Rockets are back in the Western Hockey League final for the first time in four years and the third time in franchise history.

The one difference, as they prepare for Friday's opening game against the Calgary Hitmen, the Rockets are not the team to beat.

In 2003, the Rockets took out Red Deer in six then two years later, dispatched the Brandon Wheat Kings in five.

This time, it's Calgary which owns home ice advantage and comes into the best-of-seven as the decided favourite.

Assistant Coach, Jeff Finley, says the Hitmen are fairly similar in make-up to the Vancouver Giants, the team the Rockets eliminated in six games to get this far.

"They have two very skilled lines. They have quick forwards and their defence is very good, much like Vancouver. They are great puck handlers, great at moving the puck and they all have good shots from the points," says Finley.

"It'll be the same game plan as against Vancouver. The strength of our team is the size and speed of our forwards. We feel we can wear a team down if we play in their end as much as possible, be physical, control the puck and make the team play defence as much as we can."

The Rockets were able to wear down Vancouver's defence, something which paid dividends, especially during games five and six.

The Hitmen are a perfect 12-0 in the playoffs, a stat not lost on the Rockets. Head coach Ryan Huska, says it'll be a challenge, but one the team is more than ready for.

------

Full story at the link above.

I can't wait for this one to get started tonight. I doubt I'll be able to stay up late enough to watch the games but I will certainly be pulling for my Rockets!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tyler Myers is a Sabres prospect, good luck to you guys and I can't wait to see him in the blue and gold full time!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stretchdrummer's Items on eBay

Go Rockets!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TysonX504's Items on eBay

Good luck to the Rockets. This won't be a easy series for them. Calgary is a very strong team and had the 2nd best record in WHL history this season.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's definitely their biggest challenge so far. They were able to slay the Giants but like you said, the Hitmen were in a class of their own this season. Sign of hope: we beat them 2-1 near the end of the regular season in their own building.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

It's definitely their biggest challenge so far. They were able to slay the Giants but like you said, the Hitmen were in a class of their own this season. Sign of hope: we beat them 2-1 near the end of the regular season in their own building.

Well man if it counts in David and Goliath terms..... Hit em, and hit em hard, and often!
    If the rockets win, I'll have a ton of happy cousins in Kelowna, that I'll be visiting later in July.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!