Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warning to all traders

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fromtrashtotreasurechris's Items on eBay

tell them the package is rigid, and you can get around it that way thats what i do, some care, some dont.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Go with bubble wrap, that's what I do.

I guess I'm lucky my PO doesn't care much about the thickness rule. I've only had it happen a handful of times where I've sent pretty thin packages with DC, and they check the thickness, but in the end they usually let it slide.

SCF Rewards
    Country

dc is a waste of money anyhow......that package gets delivered to someone that lives 2 miles away by mistake, it still shows that it has been confirmed delivered. total waste of money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

Yep I had a lady at my usual post office tell me this the other day also. There are 4 ladies that work the counter there and she is the only one to ever say anything.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See high_end_autograph_collector's Items on eBay

thats why u just print shipping lables off paypal. post office never fights them and often times i think i might under estimate my weight i pay for, but ive never had a package returned, nor had the receiver charged

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah its been the rule for a while and alot of small town post offices werent enforcing it but lately i think the usps has been making sure everybody starts enforcing that rule. i always make mine 3/4 inch thick to make sure.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rookie_dealer's Items on eBay

Never had that problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See is a joke's Items on eBay

thats why u just print shipping lables off paypal. post office never fights them and often times i think i might under estimate my weight i pay for, but ive never had a package returned, nor had the receiver charged

Actually I'm a carrier and in the past month or so, I've had to collect a few postage dues, some for several dollars on packages shipped this way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Agreed. This has always been the case, but not all POs care about it. It's definitely a pain though.

I couldnt agree more. Its all in the clerks descretion, sometimes you get the nice guy and then others or real sticklers and go by the book.

As said before get some packing peanuts or fold a peice of paper.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ive read the first post here and that sounds ridiculous being I am a postal worker.The thicker the package the more it cost depending on where you send the package.As far as 3/4" or 1" thing goes,I will look into that tommorrow for you and post a quote here.
    Jeeptrader--- You are correct on your response,but there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for misdeliveries.I constantly pick up bad deliveries the day after my day off because the T.E.(transitional employee)who fills in for me has no clue, which ticks me off.The post office as you all know is in the process of laying off 750.000 employees,whether ptf's or sending out early retirements.The employees they are now hiring to save money are not qualified to work at the U.S.P.S.Have a good night all.
    peace
    Dave C.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast