Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warning to all traders

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thumbs down Warning to all traders

I just came from my post office as I needed to ship out 2 packages. Apparently they say the rules on shipping padded envelopes has become "more clarified" which means I could not just ship them regular with Delivery Confirmation. I had to ship them certified which would have cost over 5.00 each. WHY?? Well apparently they said " padded envelopes now need to be at least 3/4" thick or else they need to be shipped certified ". They said to get around it stuff the envelope with bubble wrap until it is 1 " thick and you will be safe. Now I dont know if this a nationwide thing or my post office is a prick that wants more money to ship. So I thought I would give all a heads up and see if this has happened to anyone else.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wrpsales's Items on eBay

They have always had to be 3/4" thick. Maybe they were just being lazy at your local PO and had someone bust their balls about it. Just stick a packing peanut inside it and you are home free.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See whitmanhanssen's Items on eBay

Just shipped this morning 1/2 hour ago and had no issues. Hope its just that guys rant.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

well i dont use DC, so no issues over here!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

They have always had to be 3/4" thick. Maybe they were just being lazy at your local PO and had someone bust their balls about it. Just stick a packing peanut inside it and you are home free.

Well then I want my lazy postal employees back.

Good idea about the peanut lightweight and filling

SCF Rewards
    Country

well i dont use DC, so no issues over here!

I typically dont either except on more expensive cards. However I did get a copy of my receipt which shows when I shipped and the city I shipped to.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I typically dont either except on more expensive cards. However I did get a copy of my receipt which shows when I shipped and the city I shipped to.

yea, if i have a highend trade (which has happened only 3 times on here..lol) i'd use DC, but my post office never gives anyone troubles with DC

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See metsin19990's Items on eBay

Agreed. This has always been the case, but not all POs care about it. It's definitely a pain though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

yup they tell me that at my post office but its hit and miss. some people enforce it and some dont. to get around it, i send most of my stuff with the automated postage center where you do it yourself because they cant measure the thickness. as long as you ship it as a package you can put DC on anything

Blog Entries
    Country

i didnt even know it was the rule. i guess they are just being nice and dont care all those times before

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast