Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So who won the Pistons-Nuggets trade?

I really dont want to start a heated debate, but I remember there was a long discussion about this. Now that we've had some time to see how the teams have done, who do you think won that trade?

I gotta say Nuggets. Billups has really helped that team, they are in the second round, and will more than likely be in the Western Conference Finals.

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    I have to say both. Only because now that the season is over, we have $21 million off the books thanx to AI. Thats what the reason was behind the trade for Joe Dumars. But i gotta say, Billups has lifted the Nuggets to a whole new level. Ive never seen them play so well until C-Bill came into the mix. So i have to say both teams made out well for their own reasons. Joe knew that bringing in AI was a huge risk, but if it didnt pay off we could dump him after a year and pick up a player we truely need. thanx

The Nuggets they got #2 seed because of Billups.

The Pistons actually expected to make some noise in the playoffs with AI but that didnt happen and least they have expiring contracts

Quote Originally Posted by JesRey View Post
    The Nuggets they got #2 seed because of Billups.

The Pistons actually expected to make some noise in the playoffs with AI but that didnt happen and least they have expiring contracts

Yea it was really a win-win for Joe D. Because even if Ai did terrible (which he did), we had our fallback option which was $21 million lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NickRadz23 View Post
    Yea it was really a win-win for Joe D. Because even if Ai did terrible (which he did), we had our fallback option which was $21 million lol.
    it was actually a win-win-win lol

i said it before and i'll say it again, Denver was the winner on this trade based on whos team did/would be better, i knew they would nobody believed me though

the "win" for the Pistons is the capspace they get, the win for the NBA is it showed AI can't play on a team that has good players at every position, he showed he makes everyone around if worse, whereas Billups showed he made everyone around him better
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

the nuggets were by far the winners of that trade

yes, detroit cleared lots of salary cap space, but no free agents are gonna want to go to detroit which is a the city that has probably been hit the hardest in our economic crisis

So if the Pistons are able to pick up a big time free-agent then they BOTH win.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikman_TheGreat View Post
    So if the Pistons are able to pick up a big time free-agent then they BOTH win.
    ya, but if you read my previous post, what big time free agent is gonna want to go to detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Italy61587 View Post
    the nuggets were by far the winners of that trade

yes, detroit cleared lots of salary cap space, but no free agents are gonna want to go to detroit which is a the city that has probably been hit the hardest in our economic crisis
    i bet you they do...Being Detroit has such a successful franchise under Dumars as GM, and they have the largest arena that for the last 6-7 years had been sold out every game up until this year, and they have the money, its not like they are broke...

people arent going to think "i dont want to come to Detroit because the city as a whole isnt doing well" they will think "hey, i can make my money i think i deserve, and i got a good team to play on"
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Quote Originally Posted by Italy61587 View Post
    ya, but if you read my previous post, what big time free agent is gonna want to go to detroit
    i find it completely confusing that you would believe free agents wouldnt want to go to Detroit?? i hope you realize the Pistons have tons of money, the team isnt broke? or struggling?

Also Detroit has the largest media in the NBA, says my brother who works for the Pistons and is involved in PR.
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast