Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wingsfan-13's Items on eBay

Am I beeing paranoid??????

So I have a Price By the Letter up on Ebay. Theres 23 hours left and it's at $99 and has 25 watchers. I know most of the action happens in the last few hours if not minutes but I thought I'd have at least 2 bids by now. I thought the auction was labeled well and it's highlighted, it says 1/1 (even though I know its not, sorry I couldn't resist the minor draw 1/1 gets and it's not quite as bad as some of the 1/1 labels I've seen) so am I beeing a bit paranoid or has his poor performance of late turned off some coolectors. Thanks for the input

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

While his performance hasn't helped, more than anything you're seeing the results of an over saturation on By The Letter type cards. Prices on almost all BTL's are suffering as of late.

Darren

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jberger75's Items on eBay

With 25 watchers, I think you will do okay.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I noticed the BTL were lower than last year, darn economy..lol
    Last edited by quiet-things; 05-03-2009 at 12:55 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

you're seeing the results of an over saturation on By The Letter type cards. Prices on almost all BTL's are suffering as of late.

Darren

Dude, I think that summarizes hockey cards in general not just the BTL cards.

Hmm, let's see, I wonder if Crosby and Ovechkin and every other player will have Cup, Ultimutt, SPA, SPX, UD, Victory, Fleer, Articraps, TriloGEE and O-Poo-Chee cards every year for the next 10 years.

Yeah, case closed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

I really doubt it is anything but the fact that Price is quickly turning into yet another over hyped rookie that does not pan out. I do not think it has anything to do with saturation of By the Letter cards because there are just as many released this year, as there were last year or the year before. And thats 1 set, and its in SPGU. Maybe you could say that the Letterman's are over produced, or the Team Marks or whatever else, but there is only one set released a year in which a full game used letter is available.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You know what it was I had a higher # in my head by comparing on Ebay but it was the BIN or BO's, however if I remember right Sakic's was over $300 in that other sites mag, short report!

Thanks guys, I'll post a sad thread about it not selling high, or a happy thread about all the action at the end (I hope its the later)LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

With 25 watchers, I think you will do okay.

yeah out of 25 you have about 10 good bidders in there

dont worry about it it will sell for alot

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stlbluesfan87's Items on eBay

It'll go. Heck I got more than that for a Tiger Williams BTW.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

I'm a bit of a Price collector. I have it on my watch list, but only because of interest.

The way I see it is this. If I can't get the complete name, then it's just not that appealing to me.

You'll do well enough. There are some serious collectors out there who love Carey. If I didn't have a house, and family to feed I'd be all over it

Lastly, that design is hideous by itself, it's meant to have the complete nameplate together. Odds are against that idea.

Good luck, I call 339.76

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast