Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards

Help!! Cards are stuck together!

I picked up a box of cards at an estate sale yesterday and there are some stuck together. Is there a way to fix this? Most are stuck front to front. I assume the varnish or aqueous coating has welded the cards together.

One big kicker is Sammy Sosa's Rookie card is one of the stuck ones.

These are all Topps Cards.

Thanks,

Hogpaw

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not that I'm aware of...

If gentle bending, after being in a warm,dry area doesn't get them apart..They've gotten wet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rippaflow's Items on eBay

I would assume the cards are stuck together by moisture, place them in an area where they won't be able to absorb moisture. You can try placing the cards in a room temperature area for a few hours. The moisture should loosen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

hey Hog, welcome to the site.

To fix the problem the easiest I like to be able to just squeeze the top and bottom of the cards and wiggle them gently to loosen them slowly. Dont want to be to agressive so the cards dont bend though. If that dont work try the same thing side to side.

good luck
    Jay

SCF Rewards

Thank you all for the help. I tried a couple of different ones and tore the face on the card.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Man that's a shame they've gotten wet...

All you can do now is take ....say a stack of 50, or so and apply pressure much like you would do when getting ready to shuffle a deck of cards. Hope you can save some..take Care

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Bill723's Items on eBay

I've never had that problem with cards that old. I've had it with newer ones that have glossy finishes. The one that comes to mind the most is 1995 score. I bought several boxes putting the gold rush sets together to get the platinum sets. The regular cards I just put in order and put away. Years later I went to break them into sets and they were stuck together (I had them packed to tightly together because some of the boxes that were not packed tightly were fine). I tried about everything mentioned but in the end it was just a waste of time and cards.

P.S. They never got wet.

SCF Rewards

Thank you for all the imput. It looks like they are headed for the trash!

Awesome response!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hogpaw, we apologize that you were unable to save your cards. This could just be me but it kinda sounds like you are upset at our advice. Please do understand we are trying best we can.

If this is just me, I apologize but the last two posts seem a bit critizing towards the members

Jay

SCF Rewards

That was not sarcastic. That was true appreciation. I have absolute no problem with anything. I am amazed at how much you folks know about baseball cards.

Thanks

Hogpaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast