Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Somebody as BVG must not like me....

So I bought this Nice Raw Lafleur RC, actually ended up in a bidding war over it, paid over Book value for it, had it in my head that it was a solid 7 or 8, sent it to BVG for grading and to my horror it came back as a 5!!!

I feel robbed!

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store

The centering is a tad off but everything else looks tight from where I sit. Weak rating but a sweet card.

A centering 80/20 will never fetch more then ex-mt. I guess you had 3 or more issue and that got it down to ex. But the centering should have been easy to spot. Take some time to read the description in beckett mag. to get 7 or more you need to start with a better centering.

Still a nice card but grading is tough and not easy to learn.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

Grading is a bunch of bogus to me lol

Don't let the Grading get you down, that's a great card!
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

I just calculated on the side and it more 70/30, wondering if you have some gum stain since under the chin there seem to be a issue.

I know I don't grade card, find this to obejective and if you have the tough guy then good luck. So I may buy a graded card but don't grade mine.

It still a great card of Lafleur and wish I had a nice one like that.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

That's a great card. Too bad about the grade though.

You should send it back, and have it personalized.

"1971-1985 Sensational Canadiens" as the title.

As Luc said the centering took it down. Do you have a scan of the back by chance. A nice looking card as all mentioned and one reason I don't grade cards. I don't like being bummed out LOL.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

As Luc said the centering took it down. Do you have a scan of the back by chance. A nice looking card as all mentioned and one reason I don't grade cards. I don't like being bummed out LOL.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Seems to me that card grading is rather arbitrary. One grader could give one score while another rates differently. Maybe you should break this card out of the case, send it back and see if you get a different result.

When they return your card, do they provide reasons for grading the way they do? I would think they should include a grading report that says something like: Centering off - corner damage - etc...

As it is now, you have no way of knowing why they gave the grade they did. Obviously the centering is off, but we are all guessing as to how much that affected the grade, or what else could be wrong.

Ask the graders to include a grading report. If they won't do it, tell them you'll go someplace else.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (83.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (25% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (59% complete) / Hidden Content (42% complete) / Brian Propp (51% complete)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast