Avery: Tortorella will make me a better player

BY STEVE ZIPAY

Sean Avery won't be interning at a fashion magazine this summer or promise to be a model citizen next season. "There's gonna be times where I do something that I shouldn't. I'm not perfect," he said Thursday.

But Avery, who was benched for Game 5 of the playoffs because of two penalties that almost cost the Rangers a win in Game 4, has come to terms with the methods of coach John Tortorella.

"If the organization's behind me and my teammates and coaches are behind me, then I just have to go out and play my game and not worry about the suits sitting in the [ NHL] office on Madison Avenue or wherever," Avery said. "I can handle the abuse that I take, but I just don't want to be put on a separate page and have my own rule book. I don't think that's the way sports should be played or governed."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...,1457908.story
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center

Talking

I'm guessing the way Avery sat on the bench by himself that the team could care less about him.

But he's got style

Quote Originally Posted by sholi2000 View Post
    I'm guessing the way Avery sat on the bench by himself that the team could care less about him.

But he's got style
    He should have plenty of style soon if he keeps running out of teams to play for. Only a handful of teams will take him. Besides style he always has a soundbite as well.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!