Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fire up the grill: Five NHL offseason trade scenarios

By Kevin Allen, USA TODAY
    It would be erroneous to report that the latest flood of Joe Thornton trade sentiment occurred after the San Jose Sharks were ousted from the playoffs by the Anaheim Ducks.

Truth is that this wave began immediately after the Sharks lost the first two games of the series.

Columnists began to fire up the grill for the annual summer roasting of Thornton and fan rage began on comment boards. Of course, none of that matters, but it is noteworthy that Sharks general manager Doug Wilson was reported to be still boiling over San Jose's early departure.

With that in mind, it's time to address what might happen this summer:

1. Will the Sharks trade Thornton?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...cenarios_N.htm
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    The Kings will be looking for an elite player this summer and Lombardi has a lot he can dangle in front of GMs.....Draft Day will be interesting

The Sharks need to trade Nabokov before the illusion that he is an "elite" goalie fades. I've been saying it for years, he's the most overrated goalie in the league, and is a big reason why San Jose can not get it together in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by gregmal05 View Post
    The Sharks need to trade Nabokov before the illusion that he is an "elite" goalie fades. I've been saying it for years, he's the most overrated goalie in the league, and is a big reason why San Jose can not get it together in the playoffs.
    I would agree with that completely........Nabokovs Stock will NEVER be higher than it is now.......and he will never be the netminder to carry the Sharks far in the playoffs. as he has proven time and time again.......

i for sure wouldnt lump the blame on him. the guys in front of him played terrible, jumbo joe is use less in the playoffs same with marleau. that whole team needs to be mixed up. nabokov is an elite goalie in the league, he just disappears a little just like the rest of that team in the playoffs.
    trade EVERY ONE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattfox13 View Post
    i for sure wouldnt lump the blame on him. the guys in front of him played terrible, jumbo joe is use less in the playoffs same with marleau. that whole team needs to be mixed up. nabokov is an elite goalie in the league, he just disappears a little just like the rest of that team in the playoffs.
    trade EVERY ONE!!!!

oh I agree, 1 player does not make or break a team,win or lose, even the goaltender. So yeah they need to shake things up there for sure. But if they are even considering moving Nabokov, know is the time. And also I think Thornton needs to go as well. For Starters

jumbo joe for vincent lecavalier, just to shake things up, as for goalies, who can you pick up with a proven track record (not play offs :) ) at this time, he does do okay in the play offs, last year he played great, really hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattfox13 View Post
    jumbo joe for vincent lecavalier, just to shake things up, as for goalies, who can you pick up with a proven track record (not play offs :) ) at this time, he does do okay in the play offs, last year he played great, really hit and miss.

I will say Thornton for LeCavalier would be a nice trade for both sides, and yeah I agree, as far at goaltenders with a track record, pickings are slim. Hey it looks like Jose Theodore is going to be looking for a job soon....LOL

You can't blame it on Nabby as if you dont' get O support how can you win? He played has played well in the series and his mates have left him down. He is good but not going to save ya by himself like some goalies have done.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Quote Originally Posted by doniceage View Post
    You can't blame it on Nabby as if you dont' get O support how can you win? He played has played well in the series and his mates have left him down. He is good but not going to save ya by himself like some goalies have done.

DON
    I'm not blaming him at all really for this year's loss. I'm just saying they would be smart to unload him before his value drops. I think people often make the mistake of solely attributing team success/failure to goalies. All I'm saying, and what I've been saying is that Nabokov is not nearly as good as his numbers indicate. Everyone seems to get wowed by the highlight saves he makes from time to time, but what good is that if he lets in a ton of soft goals? Whats the point in giving someone credit for the good they do, if you are not going to put blame on them when they are bad? Plain and simple, Nabokov is not an elite goalie, he just plays on an elite team. There is a huge difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast