Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country

Here is a question i wanna know all your opinions

I got a 2003 Vintage Hitmen Double Signed Sammy Sosa/Mark Mcgwire auto with a piece of each of there bats in it and numbered 58/75.......i am gonna sell it on ebay its bv is 700 going up...and i hear mcgwire autos sell for LOTS......how much do u guys think this card can go for...i tracked one that went for 600 on ebay a few months ago....what is your guys opinion that id get outta it if i sold it..??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 101589dpm's Items on eBay

Wow, I think you may be able to get over the BV for it, if not then right around 700. I'd guess (and this is a complete guess) that it would go for 650-1000. Thats a very nice card.
    -Dan

Country

card

ok thanks alot for ur opinion ur opinion seems to be what tons of people tell me that i can get over bv outta it...anybody else got opinions?

SCF Rewards
    See Bears_Cubs119's Items on eBay

set the resever for 700 but have the auction start at like .01
    that way you wont be forced to sell if it is below 700
    just my 2 cents

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

I'd agree with what Bears_Cubs119 said. Try that. McGwire stuff usually sells for quite a bit.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See soxfan445's Items on eBay

No, do not do what Bears_Cubs said.

Here is my opinion.
    If you start at .01, you are not appealing to the high end buyers. You would need $700 of bidding to get to your reserve. People give up after it says your not meeting the reserve price.

What you should do is pick a target you would like to achieve. Start bidding $50 below that target and make Buy It Now $0-50 above that target.

Remember, you don't need a flurry of bidding activity, just one bidder that is willing to give you the price that you want.

Regards!
    Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Ely836's Items on eBay

Id start it at around $10 and put like a $500 reserve on it so people would keep bidding more money so the reserve was met.

SCF Rewards
    See dgarlesky's Items on eBay

I'd keep it:D

OR

Just start the bidding at $50 and see where it goes from there.

- Dan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See soxfan445's Items on eBay

Here's the deal.

If you have a card starting at $10, and you want it to sell for $600-700, you are just hoping that there will be enough interest to push it past your reserve. The only real good thing about that is not having to pay a huge listing fee.

You think people will be still excited about bidding on a $10 card when they see after 28 bids it still hasn't matched reserve?

Regards,
    Mike

SCF Rewards

Originally posted by soxfan445
    Here's the deal.

You think people will be still excited about bidding on a $10 card when they see after 28 bids it still hasn't matched reserve?

Regards,
    Mike

yep, well said

it's a catch-22 on Ebay

You set the initial bid too high, and not only will that scare away bidders, but you've got to pay that big listing fee

You set the bid too low, and it might not get over $100

so, here's what you do.

Sell it with an initial bid of $0.01

then, about 1 hour before the auction ends - watch it closely, esp. in the last 5 minutes

if you don't like the bids, cancel the auction with the excuse that you no longer have the card

that way, you are only out $0.30 for listing the auction at $0.01

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast