Thread: Exporting "My Beckett" Lists?

Exporting "My Beckett" Lists?

Anybody know out how to export the My Organize lists off of beckett into a more useful program like Excel? The old setup used to allow you to do this, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it now. Is it just not possible? Thanks in advance.

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    I'm almost positive it's not possible anymore. If you do find out a way, let me know, but I tried to do this for a while, and asked a lot of other people, and came up empty.

No, it is not possible. They intentionally programmed it to be this way. When Beckett first launched their new site last year someone asked them via the Beckett Blog if their site would be any more compatible with microsoft excel then it had been before, and Beckett responded by saying in a round about way that they didn't want the information on cards in their database getting exported outside their site.

You could probably hire a freelancer to create a script that does a screen scrape of your "My Beckett" collection and inputs it into an excel spreadsheet (or at least something that is compatible with Excel). I don't know if it would be worth going to that much trouble, but thought I would mention it anyway.

Bummer. In my effort to try and grab the text for the lists, I looked at the source code for the site. No dice. It probably would have been more work than it was worth even if it was there, trying to sort it out of the code.

One interesting thing I found though, was the complete terms of service embedded in the site code. No clue if this is normal or not, I just thought it was mildly interesting.

I guess I'll be putting together lists by hand. Thanks for the input.

This is why i stopped using Beckett. I just use Microsoft Word now though

I need to find a local card shop and get my beckett subscription back! I jsut moved to a new city