Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Amazing Opportunity.. Help Me Decide!

Well, thanks to a great hobby enthusiast and fellow Nova Scotian collector Cyril (cmcdonald1) I have the following redemption incoming:

Cyril pulled this bad boy at the Expo and liked my offer enough (the most I've ever spent on a single card) to sell it to me, giving me the chance to finally get my own Made to Order card made!

I have it narrowed down to at least one definite piece, a Georges Vezina game-used pad which I have always wanted to have since the 2000/01 BAP Memorabilia days (before they're gone), and one of the following:

Vladislav Tretiak - Obviously a big Tretiak fan, and this was the first combo to pop into my head when I heard about the dual player Made to Orders. I do have Tretiak pad memorabilia already though, so second-guessing this combo if I have the chance to add a new piece to the collection.

Pelle Lindbergh - Very intrigued by Lindbergh's story. International sensation, came to the NHL and won the Vezina in the 1984/85 season, tragically died the same year. I think a dual piece with Lindbergh and Vezina would add a lot of sentimental value to my PC for sure.

Jacques Plante - Another goaltending legend, who wouldn't want a piece of memorabilia from him?

Other than those three I am open to other suggestions, so long as the player recommended has goalie pad memorabilia available for the program. I have already contacted Dr. Price about the Vezina availability, might have to inquire about a couple of others as well.

Leaning towards the Lindbergh/Vezina combo right now, but any extra input to help me decide is appreciated!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spavs's Items on eBay

I'll go for Vézina and Plante, two best vintage Habs goalie...both of them change the game..

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bigal_pitts's Items on eBay

I would go with the oldest memorabilia you can get.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

vezina and tretiak...you like tretiak so for sure go with him.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I like the Vezina/Plante option. Both changed the game in huge ways. But it's your card, so pick whatever would have the most value to YOU, not any of us.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey, congrats on this addition to your collection. (HUGE CONGRATS)

As for who.....

It is your card and I say go with who you want the most.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

I like the Vezina/Plante option. Both changed the game in huge ways. But it's your card, so pick whatever would have the most value to YOU, not any of us.

It will come down to my choice yes, but sometimes trying to pick two players from a long list can cause me to overlook some things that I might not have considered. For example, the above members mentioning Plante's contribution to the game reminded me about the innovation of the mask and made me think more about Plante as an option. Every bit of input helps :)

And as someone also mentioned, it definitely needs to be a vintage piece. There are Roy and Brodeur memorabilia cards everywhere, but only so much remains from guys like Vezina and Plante. Vintage pad leather is my favorite type of memorabilia, so it is a must on this card ;)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I would personally go with 2 vintage people myself if I had this card. And you can go wrong with Vezina and Plante. Just look at what they've done for the game. But it all comes down to what you would value the most.

No matter what you pick, that's going to be an amazing card

SCF Rewards
    Country

What about Sawchuk/Brodeur? The two best carreer shut out tenders.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kirk McLean and Roberto Luongo
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast