Thread: printing plate question?

printing plate question?

i see alot of printing plates 1/1 on ebay...are these good investments? is there anything good about investing in a 1/1 printing plate? thanks.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Not really unless they are autographed and rookies. Other than that, they aren't really an investment and more of just a collector's item.

thank you so much for your response, I appreciate it.

now that there are so many plates out there, the value of them as gone down a ton.

i agree with spoodini, more for a collectors item for someone to add to their pc

Quote Originally Posted by kobe847 View Post
    now that there are so many plates out there, the value of them as gone down a ton.

i agree with spoodini, more for a collectors item for someone to add to their pc
    Agreed wholeheartedly, base printing plates are "fool's gold" for investment purposes--especially when you consider how many different colored plates it would take to produce a card these days.

That being said, I have been a sucker in the past for buying autographed plates of players I like.