It's a cool view from the bench with NBC

Chris Zelkovich

Things couldn't have worked out much better for the NHL yesterday in its never-ending search for American viewers.

First, the Anaheim-Detroit playoff game got a good lead-in from poker, the show it regularly competes with for ratings. (They tied last weekend, if you're keeping score at home.)

Second, thanks to triple overtime, the NHL probably picked up a few horse fans tuning in to watch equestrian coverage scheduled after hockey.

Most important, NBC stuck with hockey right to the end, meaning the NHL now officially ranks ahead of taped horsey stuff.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/628423
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

NBC coverage is okay, but it's not HNIC.

The picture quality on the NBC feed is atrocious. It's like watching a 3rd generation VHS that's been imported from Eastern Europe. I turned on NBC for about 5 seconds before going back to TSN, which, though using the exact same feed for the game, had picture-perfectly quality. If they really want to get people interested, try putting on a production that doesn't look like it's from the 1970s.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

NBC is always good with their sports, they were great with NASCAR when they had it. ABC cut off during the end of a PLAYOFF race to go to America's Funniest Home Videos... ABC is horrible. NASCAR is the 2nd most watched sport in America and it gets cut off during a playoff race. Oh and no bashing on NASCAR...

Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    The picture quality on the NBC feed is atrocious. It's like watching a 3rd generation VHS that's been imported from Eastern Europe. I turned on NBC for about 5 seconds before going back to TSN, which, though using the exact same feed for the game, had picture-perfectly quality. If they really want to get people interested, try putting on a production that doesn't look like it's from the 1970s.
    You're in Canada, why in the world are you even wasting your time with NBC's coverage?

NBC is bad, but not as bad as Fox was, with their "glowing puck"...

i hate how they give you really far angles...and that stupid behind the net cam on the powerplay. And they always cut away when theres scrums going on...that might be versus too.

versus is garbage. i have lost so much respect for the NHL front office for allowing the lockout. they really should've acted as a mediator and avoided the whole thing but instead they lolligagged and we lost a season. Bettman needs to go. The nhl needs to earn its respect back. I HATE HATE HATE living in USA because theres rarely any hockey coverage on ESPN and now they have matt barnaby has the hockey expert. really? just sad