Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

NHL's spotlight is big enough for Crosby and Ovechkin

By Kevin Allen and A.J. Perez, USA TODAY
    PITTSBURGH — The debate over Alex Ovechkin vs. Sidney Crosby divides along party lines.

Conservative, traditional fans would favor Pittsburgh Penguins captain Crosby, an old-school superstar with a polite, buttoned-up demeanor.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...ovechkin_N.htm

SCF Rewards
    Country

Without reading the article and just using your title as a guideline, all I have to say is "Oh, for sure." Who says there can't be two superstar players in the league? At least this way the fans have someone to back instead of just being against on person. This happened somewhat before when Gretzky and Lemieux were both playing at the same time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jrm213jmeyer's Items on eBay

I agree that the spotlight is big enough for both players, but traditional or not, I think Ovechkin's celebrating is stupid and he needs to grow up. You see the same behavior in football and basketball. Oh my gosh I scored some points or tackled someone so I'm the best, let me dance and high five people and run around like a fool. All they did was their job. Would you do that each time you wrote an e-mail, completed a document, or finished a cabinet. Probably not, because it would make you look like an idiot, just as it makes Ovechkin look like an idiot in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Without reading the article and just using your title as a guideline, all I have to say is "Oh, for sure." Who says there can't be two superstar players in the league? At least this way the fans have someone to back instead of just being against on person. This happened somewhat before when Gretzky and Lemieux were both playing at the same time.

or even more present day this is hockey's version of Kobe vs. Lebron and who is better? Kobe can be more of a complainer when things start going down while Lebron is a guy that is perceived to be always with a smile and having fun with all his teammates. While their personalities are very different its very arguable who is the better player