Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Collecting 101: A Primer On Hobby Venacular

I received an email from a reader who has recently returned to the hobby to share the experience with his young boys and relive some of his youth. He brought up a very good point that many of us take for granted, Hobby lingo.

The Hobby has changed in many ways through out the years and for those readers who are new to collecting or getting back into collecting, I present a Hobby Glossary. I am sure I will forget a few or screw-up a few, so please, in the comments provide a corrected or new term and definition when applicable, so this post can serve as a resource for our returning brethren. So let's get started.

Short Print or SP- A card printed in less quantity than other cards in the set. These are often rookies.

Insert- A subset of the main or base set.

Serial Numbered- Cards produced in a limited, known quantity, stamped and occasionally hand written, the serial numbering is designated as xx/xxx. The theory being, the lower the serial number the more collectible the card.

http://www.voiceofthecollector.com/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See xSquatx's Items on eBay

Thank you! I was about to ask this.
    I was so confused.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See eliza-mcb's Items on eBay

Bucket - A term frequently used for the Photo uploading site photobucket.com . Many users use it to store scans or pictures of their cards

cmb - meaning Check My Bucket, it basically means to take a look at their photobucket account to see if there is anything that you like.

LMK or PLMK - meaning Let me know or Please let me know, it essentially means that they want you to get back to them about "x" card as soon as you can.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

Master set - Having at least one of every card in an entire product.